Bring It: P90X Day 13
P90X is an extreme workout. I am here, using my own body, to show you whether or not the P90X program actually works. This workout isn't for everybody, but I am stubborn, and saying that I can't do something just doesn't work for me.
Please leave your comments below. I appreciate the extra push and hearing about how you work getting healthy into your schedule!
It is Saturday and it is a good day. I love Saturday because that means I get to do KenpoX. Kenpo literally means the "law of the fist" and that means you can expect to do several martial arts/karate moves with kicks and punches.
Not only will you be able to learn moves to defend yourself, but you will also break a decent sweat and get rid of your frustrations. That is why Saturday is the perfect day for this workout. After all the stresses from the weekday, this will allow you to release. You will feel much better once you are finished.
Now, for my current P90X personal journey, this is only the second time that I have done this workout. But, I have found it is one of my favorites of the P90X system. It is a kick in the pants and it is a whole lot of fun. I noticed that I had gotten already half way through the workout, before I even realized it. Being that the workout is an hour long, it is a great feeling to know that time flew by so fast!
Time Flies When You Are Having Fun
I am one of those unusual people. I enjoy exercise and find that when I am going through one of my kicks, I become very obsessive. I like variety, but mostly, I like to do workouts that I consider fun. If you are having fun with your workout, it no longer feels like you are working.
Often times, people give up on their workouts because they find themselves getting bored. It becomes a chore. Therefore, if you find you are getting bored with your workout, it is time to change things up. So, what workouts do you think are fun?
Gear that you can use!
May not work for laps, but you will still be able to get in a water workout. Also good for cooling off!
Show off the belly
The Beauty of Nature
Get your game on!
Some people might not think that P90X is a fun workout. Getting through the program might take some persistance if you like variety and you might struggle to get to the end. However, if you want to add a little exercise to your life, it is easy to do if you find a workout that is fun for you.
Here are some suggestions:
- Go for a bike ride: Riding a bike is a great way to go. Not only do you get a good workout, but you can do it with a friend, or you can go with the entire family. Taking your family will also teach your children the importance of physical activity. Bikes will also allow you to cover more ground before you are exhausted. Exploring isn't so difficult anymore. It is also green friendly since you can save money on gas and ride your bike to the store. So what are you waiting for? Get those bike tires pumped up and go for a ride.
- Go swimming: I will admit, swimming is not my strong suit. I have never learned how to swim properly so ever stroke I do is something I taught myself. However, I can still do the back stroke with somewhat good form and I have got the doggy paddle down pat. If you are a good swimmer or you can at least go in water without drowing, this is a great way to burn some calories while cooling off. If you can't swim, you can just walk the lenght of the pool. Both will burn calories. As an added bonus, the cool water will also help burn more because your body is working to keep the body temperature up. So get out there and go for a dip!
- Bellydancing: This is a great workout for anybody, but is probably more geared toward females. I have done several bellydancing workouts and I will tell you - it is painful. The moves are precise and the workout is intense. At the same time, it is also fun and very sensual. That being said, it could be beneficial for other areas of your life!
- Sports: Nothing burns calories faster while making time fly then sports. You can choose from a variety. Whether it is playing catch with a baseball or having a big group come together for an amataur football game. You willl be so caught up in the competition you won't even realize that you are indeed working out. Some of my favorite sports to play are raquetball, tennis, shooting hoops, or even kicking around the soccor ball. You will get your heart rate up, increase your coordination, and improve your skills! Who said you need to be an athlete!
- Hiking: Hiking is a great way to explore while taking in the great outdoors. National parks should have a variety of trails, from beginner to experienced. On the way, you can see wildlife and beautiful flowers. Or, maybe you can just climb up to the top of the mountain. Just make sure you are wearing appropriate clothing and shoes.
- Play with your kids: Kids like to run and jump and play. Not only will you be the super parent they are looking for, but you will be getting your exercise as well. So run around and chase them. Play a game of tag. Do what a kid does. Join them and the inches will start to melt off!
- Video Games: Now I am not talking about the video games where you veg in front of the TV killing zombies or pretending that you are playing sports, I am talking about the interactive video games. Whether you have the Playstation, Xbox or the Nintendo Wii, you have options out there. The Playstation Move has come out recently with a way to move around and get active. The Xbox also has the kinect which brings video games to life. However, the Nintendo is ultimately the first game system that allowed you to get interactive. So, grab your Wii Sports or invest in Wii Fit. You will be exercising while you are playing video games. Put, don't forget about Dance Dance Revolution or Just Dance. Those too will get your sweat on. With the fitness revolution all over, check your game console for their workout selections. They all have them, all you have to do is play!
- Sex: So, I couldn't go without saying this one. Yes, you are exercising with this activity. And the best part is, you don't have to worry about proper shoes or proper clothing attire. Just have fun. Warning though - this activity - if you don't take precautions - may cause you to gain weight!
Have Fun; Get Healthy
It just goes to show, that exercise does not need to be torture. You can do whatever you want, you just need to remember to get moving.
In today's world, I have heard so many people complain that exercise is boring. But it doesn't have to be. You have a selection to choose from. So find something fun to do and get out there and get healthy!
If you want to read about Day 14 of my P90X adventure click here. Read on for some creative ways to relax on your day of rest!
More by this Author
If you found a program that promised results in a short five days, could you make the commitment? Here are real results from the Turbo Fire Inferno Plan!
P90X is an extreme workout, but does it deliver results. After 30 days of following this program, I have shown you what I have accomplished? Now is the time to decide, is P90X for you?
This recipe, Cheesy Potatoes is a definate crowd pleaser. If you are having company coming over, don't hesitate to put this on the menu. Your guests will be full of compliments.