Bring It: P90X Day 14
P90X is an extreme workout program. I have been on this personal journey now for 2 full weeks, trying to debunk whether or not this program works or is just another gimick to make money. This program was created by Tony Horton and will take you through all aspects of various workouts, including weight lifting, plyometrics, Kenpo and Yoga.
Feel free to leave your comments below to leave your support. I look forward to hearing from you!
I have now been on my personal journey for a full two weeks. Might I say, it has flown by insanely fast. Yet, out of all the days, this is a great day. It is the day of rest. As per the P90X program guide, it suggests you do either the Stretch X program or just take the day off. The decision is completely up to you.
The beauty of the whole situation is you finally get a break. After a full week of intense workouts, believe me, you are going to need it.
I will admit, after the first week, I needed the Stretch X much more than I needed it this week. What can I say, my body is getting a little stronger and I am not nearly as sore as I was. However, the stretching feels great, whether you think you need it or not. My advice - do the stretching. It keeps you with the program and keeps you in the habit. Not to mention you will feel great afterwards!
Across the Universe
One of my favorite authors. This is the beginning of the Stephanie Plum series, bounty hunter extraordinaire. Don't miss this series. A quick, easy and fun read!
Another one of my favorite authors, V.C. Andrews. Flowers in the Attic is one of my all time favorite series. A little bit longer and a little on the weird side. Great if you like the mystery type stories
Games make you do crazy things!
Taking a break
As a much needed day, there is so many things that you can do to relax and get a break. This is intended to be an easy day so you can jump right into the next week at full strength. So, if you need some ideas on how to rewind, here are a few that I have come up with.
- Watch a movie: Has it seem like forever since you have really just sat down. Well, take a couple hours either by yourself or with your family and watch a movie. Pick out your favorite. Pick out a comedy. Pick out a horror movie. It doesn't really matter what you pick out, just kick your feet up and relax. You have had a tough weem and you deserve it!
- Read a book: If you have a bit of spare, quiet time, grab a book from your favorite author and dive on in to a movie in your mind. Books are great little escapes. If you are like me, you don't have much time to read. So find a book that is a quick read. If it grabs your attention right away, you should have no problem finishing it.
- Take a bath: Calgon take me away. This is a great way to ease the pain out of those muscles. One should never underestimate the power of bathtub therapy. Close the door and escape it all. You can listen to some music while you soak or you can read a book. (Think of it this way - double relaxation! Score!)
- Watch the clouds drift by: If you got a hammock great. If not, improvise and just lay down on a blanket. Stare up at the sky and visualize all the shapes that are in the clouds. Heck, if you are lucky, you might even drift off for a quick nap. Bonus points if you do.
- Watch the stars: This is the same as watching the clouds, but their is just something different about watching the stars. Nothing is more relaxing than a nice quiet night with a starry sky. If you have a telescope, this is the time to break it out. Maybe even look for constellations.
- Play a board game: I love a good night of playing board games. Nothing helps me unwind faster. If you have friends, invite them over and play together. One of our favorites is Loaded Questions. Or, just do a family board game night. We like to play the game of Life with the kids. There are also an assortment of card games to play. If you have young kids (or the young at heart) play a game of Old Maid or Go Fish. If no one wants to play, well break out a game of Solitaire. Happy Gaming!
- Drink a beer: This isn't probably the smartest of the choices as one beer leads to another and eventually you have drank several calories. If you are being strict about your health choices, try to stick to a light beer and stick to only one. Yet, ask anyone who has had a long day at work, nothing is better than cracking open a beer!
Get to that relaxing
It just goes to show how many things you can do to destress from the working week. So, whether you need a break from the stresses of everyday life, or like me you have been completing an insane workout, take a breather and do something fun.
The question is, which mode of relaxation do you prefer?
Check out Day 15 of my personal journey and see my results after 2 weeks on the program by clicking here.
More by this Author
If you found a program that promised results in a short five days, could you make the commitment? Here are real results from the Turbo Fire Inferno Plan!
P90X is an extreme workout, but does it deliver results. After 30 days of following this program, I have shown you what I have accomplished? Now is the time to decide, is P90X for you?
Not all states are created equal. If you want to cut hair in a different state, you will be required to transfer your license. On the first day of Beauty School, the last thought in your mind is the possibility of...