Bring It: P90X Day 35
"Bring It" is my own personal journey on the P90X workout program created by Tony Horton. This workout is filled with some basic exercises, but they are tough enough to do the job. The concept behind the program is muscle confusion. It is believed if you keep your muscles from getting too familiar with the workout, they will continue to build. That means no plateaus throughout the program. I am here to show you whether or not this DVD series can work.
Feel free to comment below. I love hearing from you, whether it is just a shout out to leave your support or your own personal stories. You guys are my motivation and it is what has gotten me this far already. Thank you for your help!
Ah - a day of rest!
You would think I would be excited about this, but it seems to me that over the last 5 weeks, my days of rest have been busier than when I absolutely had to squeeze in that workout. Today is day 7 of the week which means I have a choice... I can either do StretchX or rest. Since I have been under the weather that last couple of days, and because this was errand running day, I choose to rest. Can you really blame me?
I got a chance to sleep in this morning. It was partially because my husband is just awesome (he insisted I stay in bed!) and it was partially because I took Tylenol PM last night and for some reason, I couldn't see straight. But, at least I am feeling much better than I was yesterday. That is a good thing because tomorrow I actually need to be able to bring it.
So, other than going to the grocery store and trying to be the extreme couponer they show on TV, nothing much exciting has happened. It has been a dreary day out here with a couple of pretty nice storms. One that let loose on us as we were exiting the grocery store without an umbrella. Good thing I have been working out so I can make a dash for the car!
5 for 5
So, as I was trying to think of what I was going to write about today (since obviously grocery shopping and errand running isn't all that interesting) it dawned on me that I have successfully made it through 5 full weeks of P90X. That is awesome.
I don't remember the last time that I have actually stuck to something for 5 weeks straight without straying.... and I haven't strayed a bit. Every single day (with the exception of rest days which are allowed!) I have gotten up and pushed play. In honor of 5 full weeks... it is time for a top 5 list!
Top 5 Things I have noticed since starting P90X
- My attitude has greatly changed - Since starting P90X I have noticed that I am much happier. I still have the occasional grumpy moment but I am only human. Since I have started the program I smile a lot more and I feel much better about myself. Even if nothing else changes, the changes in mood is an invaluable side effect of the workout!
- I have more energy than if I had downed a 5-hour energy. Now - I have never really felt the effects of a 5-hour energy, but since I have started working out with P90X I realized that I am always moving. Not because I have to, but because I want to. I used to dread taking my son on a walk because I was just too tired. Now, I take him for a walk every day. I keep up on all the house chores and I actually do extra stuff. Having extra energy is a great bonus.
- My face has thinned down. I can always tell when I start to lose weight because my cheeks lose their roundness. I know I am going in the right direction when I can see the loss in my face. The only bad thing is, the skinnier my face gets, the longer my nose looks!
- My clothes are starting to fit again. Often times people ask me if I can tell the difference in my clothes. That is a hard thing to answer because for so long, none of my clothes really fit. They were either too tight or too lose. Nothing that just fit. Now, alot of my clothes are getting loose. You know how after your clothes come out of the dryer they are tight; then after you have worn them all day they stretch out. Well, my clothes are looking like I have worn them all day when I first put them on. I see a new wardrobe in the future!
- My ankles. I don't know why I noticed my ankles, but since P90X, my ankles look really skinny. Maybe it is because my calf muscle are getting really strong and are all muscle. Maybe my feet got bigger from all the jumping. Who knows. But I have noticed a difference in my ankles. Yes - it is weird.
Alright - so, these are just a few of the things that I have noticed since I started doing P90X program. I have to say, it is pretty important to really think about these. If you start thinking you are plateauing, this is a good exercise to force yourself to see the differences. There are changes that are happening. What have you noticed changing in yourself?
If you want to see my results after 5 weeks of hard work, click here to keep on reading!
More by this Author
Turbo Fire is an intense cardio kickboxing class created by Chalene Johnson. It is a 12 week program that not only includes cardio, but also includes High Intensity Interval Training, and strength and core work. It will...
P90X is an extreme workout, but does it deliver results. After 30 days of following this program, I have shown you what I have accomplished? Now is the time to decide, is P90X for you?
Not all states are created equal. If you want to cut hair in a different state, you will be required to transfer your license. On the first day of Beauty School, the last thought in your mind is the possibility of...