Bring It: P90X Day 66
P90X is an extreme workout created by Tony Horton. The entire concept of the program is muscle confusion. If you bring it and feel the burn with the last three reps of each exercise, and constantly change it up, you will notice this program is effective enough for a complete body makeover.
When starting any diet or exercise program, there are always some doubts as to whether the advertising is truthful. That is where I come in. I am a normal, average person. I am always looking for some way to get healthier. So when I came across this, it was another test. What ended up happening was this program has tested me just as much as I have tested the program.
Please leave your comments below. This is not only a journey for me but a journey for you as well. Together we can keep each other motivated to work past the ups and downs of trying to get healthy. Feel free to leave your success stories, your tips or anything you like. The comment section really is a continuation of this article. Thanks for your support!
Welcome to the Gun Show!
Today was Back and Biceps. Possibly one of my favorite workouts in the entire DVD series. I am not sure why. Maybe it is because I really can see the results from this workout. My arms have become more toned and much stronger.
Everytime I pop this DVD in and push play, I am reminded by Tony Horton that this workout is about the glamor muscles. This is what is going to make your upper body look good. I like to dub it, the Tank Top workout. Once you have gone full round with this DVD, you will no longer shy away from those shirts without arms.
It really does work. And if you don't believe me, try it for yourself. The combination of doing several exercises that blast the same muscle groups over and over again is magic. Before you know it, you will be inviting all your friends and family to the gun show... aka... your arms!
Do you got a glamour about you?
How to be Glamorous
I will be the first one to admit I am not very glamorous. So, I figured with my newly chiseled glamour muscles, I better figure out how to get on this glamorous thing. After all, I want to look the part completely.
When I think of glamour, I think of movie stars and rock stars. These are high profile people. You might even say that you envy their lifestyle, if only for a little bit before you come crashing back to reality.
Now I am not stating that I, or should you for that matter, want to have their lifestyle. After all, can you imagine all the stress of trying to be glamorous all the time. Yet, when you have completely changed yourself, since your body is reshaping, and you are probably feeling good, it doesn't hurt to find a little glamor in your life.
So, to the best of my ability, I have come up with ways on how you to can be glamorous.
- Watch how you look - Yes - this means you shouldn't be going to Walmart in your pajamas and slippers. What were you thinking. Even if you don't want to be glamorous, this is a big no-no anyway. Seriously, who wants to see you in your sleeping clothes. More importantly, if you want to be glamorous you should never leave your house unless your hair is completely done. It shouldn't be messy or tangled. In fact, you should even higher your own personal hairstlyist to make sure your 'do isn't a don't when you walk out the door. In addition, don't forget about your skin. Glamorous people don't need photoshop. However, if you have trouble with acne, you should make sure you have a good facial cream to clear that up.
- Dress to impress - Ok - so those yoga pants might be pretty comfy and inviting. But seriously, do you want to be seen in those. You should be dressed to the nines regardless of were you are going. But on a fancy dress that accents your hairstyle for the day. Make sure to wear jewelery that accents your clothing choice. Guys, slacks and a button down shirt will do the trick, as well as a nice watch. And don't forget the shoes. Your shoes should be rocking the style.
- Take up an interesting hobby - What will make you more interesting to others than taking up an interesting hobby. Maybe you want to resemble that of an artist. You don't necessarily have to be able to create the art, but maybe you should think about hanging out and discussing artsy topics with other glamorous people.
- Choose your hangouts wisely - Who cares if you can't afford it, if you want to look glamorous, you need to be hanging out where the glamorous people do. Go to the stores that one purchase will mean you have to put a second mortgage on the house. I didn't say you have to buy anything. You just need to make your presence known.
- Flaunt your best qualities - Everybody has good qualities. Do you know what yours are? If you do, this is where you flaunt them. If you have great legs, show them off. If you have a great personality and a good head on your shoulders, show others that you can hang with the good guys. Flaunting your best qualities will have confidence radiating from you. Nothing makes you more glamorous then being confident.
Finally, if you want to be glamorous, you have to incorporate the elements of glamour into your life. Being glamorous is like creating a fantasy world. You want others to look at you and be envious of who you are. Remember these tips if you want to add a little glamour into your life.
NOTE: This article is intended to be funny. I would never encourage people to do this on a regular basis. However, when you are feeling good about yourself, there is nothing wrong with feeling a little glamorous every once in awhile. So dress up, do something fancy, but more importantly, blast that newfound confidence. It looks good on you!
Click here if you want to read about Day 67 and some interesting facts about yoga.
More by this Author
If you found a program that promised results in a short five days, could you make the commitment? Here are real results from the Turbo Fire Inferno Plan!
Turbo Fire is an intense cardio kickboxing class created by Chalene Johnson. It is a 12 week program that not only includes cardio, but also includes High Intensity Interval Training, and strength and core work. It will...
This recipe, Cheesy Potatoes is a definate crowd pleaser. If you are having company coming over, don't hesitate to put this on the menu. Your guests will be full of compliments.