Bring It: P90X Day 70
P90X has been plastered all over the fitness world. Why? Because it's great promises to change your life and change your body. P90X was created by Tony Horton. The program uses the concept of muscle confusion. This is basically stating that a person pushes themselves harder during each workout and keeps changing the workout to keep the body guessing.
This is my own personal journey. Like many others out there looking for that magic pill, I want to know if this program actually works. Therefore, I have took it upon myself to test it out. As a normal person, one who has kids under foot and occasionally makes hamburger helper for super, the results I see are something I would assume many others will see as well.
Feel free to leave your comments below. Together we can inspire and motivate others to get up and start moving to a healthier body and a healthier person. This is full body committment, that will not only change your physique but your mind as well. Are you ready to start making changes?
It has been no secret that the last couple of days have been difficult. I had tweaked a muscle in my neck and was feeling the consequences of possibly pushing too hard. To top it off, there is some kind of cold or flu that has been hitting our household. My head is stuffy and that isn't a good addition to any workout program.
This morning when I woke up I was delighted that it was Sunday. The way I set my program up, Sundays are my rest days. This means I can either choose to recover or I can throw in StretchX. I was pushing toward the end of the day and I had yet to do StretchX. Yet, for some reason, I still felt myself wanting to do the video, even though I walked through the door at 9 p.m. So like any other insane person, I through the DVD in and pushed play.
I am really glad I did. While my neck was feeling better, I could still feel the stiffness and soreness. After completing the hour of StretchX, I feel amaxing. Apparently all my body needed was a good stretch. On top of it, I have worked a little more on my flexibility and according to Tony Horton, this is a great way to stay feeling young.
After this workout, I know I am ready for the week ahead. That makes me very excited because after the last few days, I was starting to wonder if this was going to be a flop of a week. Now, I know it is going to be a good week because I feel great!
Come join me...
Keep holding on...
It maybe Winter... but summer is just around the corner
20 Reasons to keep pushing play...
Today marks the beginning of my last 20 days. That is pretty exciting stuff. I have pushed through the majority of this workout already and I am on the downhill slide. I am not going to lie - I am looking forward to the end. Mainly because I can't wait to see the final results after doing the full 90 days. As a tribute to my last 20 days, here are 20 reasons to keep pushing play.
- You have come this far already... why would you give up now! There is only 20 days left!
- The increased energy. I have never felt such a big burst of energy from any workout program before.... and believe me, there has been many I have tried.
- I would be fooling myself if I didn't say the results. The amount of inches lost have been amazing ... the pounds are starting to come off... I want to see the final numbers
- Bragging rights. I am sure there are many people out there who have completed P90X, but I am not one of them. There are also many who haven't. So, once I finish the entire program, I can officially call myself a P90X graduate.
- Once I finish P90X, I can start incorporating some of my other workouts into the mix that I have been missing. They may not be as intense, but they are fun. Since P90X has pretty lengthy workouts each day, I don't have much time for additional workouts. This will help keep me motivated.
- Motivation. Pure and simple. I am still motivated even after 70 days of working out. So what reason do I have not to push play?
- Because pushing play is much easier than the actual workout. And once you push play you might as well keep going.
- Beach weather. I live in California and by next summer, I will be rocking a hot bathing suit.
- My sister's wedding. I want to look good in that Bridesmaid dress. I have been in a few weddings and it seems I am always at a heavy stage in my life at that point. This time, I will not be the fat Bridesmaid.
- A new wardrobe. I hate shopping but by the time I am finished, I am going to love it. Because clothes are going to fit me better and I am going to need them.
- It's a confidence boost. My self-esteem has been skyrocketing with each and every workout. Who doesn't like feeling good about themselves?
- To keep off the holiday weight gain. Usually during the holidays I gain a few pounds. This year that isn't going to happen. Even if I don't lose another pound, I will maintain!
- To keep on inspiring others. I hope this series has given others hope and inspiration. If I can do it - others can too. This is proof.
- Because healthy feels much better than that cookie tastes.
- So I can have that cookie. Since I have been watching my calories, the amount of calories I burn by working out, helps so I don't have to have as restrictive of a diet.
- Because my husband deserves eye candy! Ok - so he already thinks I am eye candy, but it doesn't hurt to turn a few heads in the process!
- Because strong feels good.
- To tone up and slim down. The changes have already been evident, but apparently I am addicted. I still want more. It is cool to see what used to be a blob of fat suddenly showing definition.
- I still have so much further to go. While my P90X journey is on the downhill slide, my personal goals show that I have a lot further to go. While I may introduce other workouts into the mix after the first of the year, this has been by far the most successful one so far. If you get results - why would you back out.
- Because Tony Horton tells me too. Ok - so maybe he isn't speaking to me directly. But in his dialogue in the DVD workouts, he keeps telling us to push play and show up everyday. So, why not? I might as well keep on listening. It has done the trick so far!
As my last 20 days start the downhill slope, I hope to continue to come up with ways to motivate and inspire all of you to keep on moving. Even if it has inspired just one person, this whole process will have been a success.
Thanks for following my journey!
Are you ready for some results? Check out Day 71 by clicking here.
More by this Author
If you found a program that promised results in a short five days, could you make the commitment? Here are real results from the Turbo Fire Inferno Plan!
P90X is an extreme workout, but does it deliver results. After 30 days of following this program, I have shown you what I have accomplished? Now is the time to decide, is P90X for you?
Not all states are created equal. If you want to cut hair in a different state, you will be required to transfer your license. On the first day of Beauty School, the last thought in your mind is the possibility of...