Best Foods To Burn Stubborn Belly Fat
What Causes Belly Fat
Because most of us lead very busy lives, it's easy to get in the habit of grabbing a quick prepackaged snack such as chips or cookies. These kinds of snacks are high in refined carbs and sugar, which will raise your blood sugar levels, leading to a reduction in fat burning, and an increase in your appetite.
Foods high in protein and fiber are the best kinds of food to eat if you want to burn fat around your mid-section. It takes more energy to digest protein than fat, so the more protein you eat, the more calories your body will burn.
If you get in the habit of making up healthy snacks ahead of time, you can just grab one of them instead of a cookie or chips. Cut up some carrot and celery sticks and put in ziplock bags for the week. Make up bags of nuts (limit the amount of this snack). You will find these are much more satisfying and will keep you full longer.
Good sources of protein can be found in eggs, low fat dairy products, beans, oatmeal, nuts and seeds, chicken, fish and whole granis.
Foods To Help Burn Belly Fat
- Greek Yogurt - a great food to fight belly fat, it has twice as much protein as other yogurts. Protein takes longer to digest so it keeps you feeling full longer.
- Cinnamon - stimulates your digestive system and helps stabilize blood sugar levels.
- Eggs - because eggs are high in protein they take longer to digest and burn more calories doing so.
- Green Tea - stimulates the body to burn abdominal fat.
- Grapefruit - eaten with or before a meal will help you feel fuller, so you will eat less
- Fruits - fruits that are high in water content such as Apples, Grapes, Pears and Watermelon provide you with more fiber and help you feel full faster.
- Berries - such as blueberries, strawberries, raspberries and blackberries are also high in water content and very sweet. They can help satisfy your sweet tooth, while boosting metabolism and detoxifying your body.
- Nuts - nuts make a great between meal snack, eaten in moderation. High in protein, fiber and heart healthy fat.
- Oatmeal - is high in fiber and water content, so will fill you up and take longer to digest. Don't use the pre-sweetened kind.
- Popcorn - popcorn can be a good alternative to other snacks. It fill you up without the high calorie content.
- Raw Vegetables - replace chips with raw vegetables such as carrot sticks, celery with a little peanut butter. Broccoli or sliced cucumber, dipped in ranch dressing. Red or Green Pepper slices.
- Salad - have a salad before your meal, it will fill you up and help you to eat less.
- Skim Milk - provides protein, calcium and vitamin D without the fat and helps you feel full longer.
- Fish - one of the best sources of protein. Most fish is low fat, or have the good Omega 3 fatty acid.
- Lean Meat- skinless chicken breast is high in protein and keeps you full longer.
- Vinegar - try using vinegar and oil dressing on your salad. Vinegar is thought to help the body break down fat.
- Tabouli - is very flavorful. High in protein and fiber and low in fat and calories. Will fill you up with minimal calories.
Good Carbs vs Bad Carbs
There are 2 types of carbohydrates
Good carbohydrate foods are those foods that have not been processed or altered. Foods that are still in their natural state such as fresh fruits and vegetables, nuts and seeds, beans and some low fat dairy.
Fresh fruits and vegetables make a much better snack than packaged or processed food. Eating fresh fruit and vegetables daily is one of the best ways to burn belly fat. Apples as well as most other fresh fruits contain pectin, a substance known to limit the fat that is absorbed by our bodies cells.
Bad carbs are foods that have been refined and processed. Foods that are no longer in their natural state. These foods contain additives such as flavoring, coloring and preservatives. While these foods are generally very tasty, they have no nutritional value and are much more difficult to digest.
Processed foods usually give you a quick burst of energy followed by a crash, leading you to keep eating to get that energy rush again. Refined flours used to make white bread, pasta, cakes, etc. should be avoided.
Consuming too many bad carbs can raise your insulin level, which can slow your metabolism. Your body cannot metabolize too many carbohydrates at one time, because our bodies don't need so much energy at once. The excess sugar from the carbohydrates will just turn into stomach fat.
If you are consuming too many bad carbs, you will find it impossible to burn that belly fat no matter how hard you work out.
Good Carbs vs Bad Carbs
Drink Plenty of Water
Drinking plenty of filtered water keeps your system regular and flushes out impurities. Your skin will plump up when your skin cells are properly hydrated. Your muscle tone will improve when your muscles are getting the hydration they need.
An average size person requires about 8 - 8oz glasses of filtered water a day. So if you are heavier, you will need to up that by 8oz for every 25 lbs. of excess weight.
Drinking this much water seems difficult to accomplish at first. But believe me once you start drinking water instead of soda, caffeine or fruity drinks, it becomes easier and eventually that is all you will want to drink. I had a difficult time in the beginning, but I made myself do it and now I rarely drink anything but water.
Essential Oil to Boost Metabolism
Citrus Essential Oils to Boost Metabolism
Citrus Essential Oils are known to increase your metabolism. I recommend putting a few drops of a Citrus Essential Oil in at least one of your glasses of water daily. Or a combination of any of the following:
Doterra sells an Essential Oil Blend called Slim and Sassy, that is a perfect blend of grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger and cinnamon, that works as a dietary supplement to manage your appetite between meals.
Lemon Oil helps detoxify your body. The Peppermint and Ginger help calm your stomach. Grapefruit Oil will help to boost your immune system and the Cinnamon helps tone your body and stimulate your digestive system.
More by this Author
Natural cures to help fight Cellulite. Essential Oils, Dry Skin Brushing, Massage, Coffee Scrub, Supplements, Diet, Detoxing
Best natural cure for Eczema, Melaleuca and Lavender Essential Oils. Helps with acne, psoriasis and many other skin conditions.
Do you find dimes in random places on a regular basis? Does it feel like someone is leaving dimes for you to find? You're not alone. This happens to many people. It could be a sign from beyond.
No comments yet.