Burn More Calories to Lose Weight
We burn calories every minute of every day- it is unavoidable! Here are some things you do everyday that burn (these should make you feel good):
The average woman burns:
- 3 calories getting out of bed
- 10 calories just bushing her teeth
- 15 calories ironing her clothes for work
- 20 calories getting dressed
- 25 calories making herself breakfast
- 30 calories putting on makeup
- 40 calories searching for her car keys
- 60 calories showering each morning
And that is just in the first 30 hour of your day- imagine how much to burn all day long! So don't beat yourself up over eating that brownie, just find a way to burn it off.
Try these substitutes to help you burn more:
- Instead of taking the elevator, take the stairs you will burn at least 40 more calories!
- Instead of taking the closest parking spot, take one further out, an extra ¼ mile walk will help you burn an extra 30 calories!
- Instead of microwaving your diner, try cooking something new, you will burn at least 40 more calories!
- Instead of taking your car to the car wash, wash it yourself, you will burn at least 80 more calories!
- Instead hiring a yard crew, mow the lawn yourself, you will burn at least an extra 200 calories!
So by now you should be getting the idea, the more you move- the more you burn! Each of us can look at our lives and make substitutions- weather it is taking the stairs instead of the elevator or walking during our lunch break- every step- every movement counts. And trust me, they add up!
If you are wondering how much you burn in a day check out this website:
Play with it and you will see that even walking an extra 5 minutes, or cleaning a little more per week, or even more sex can make a difference in the calories you are burning.
If you are trying to lose weight the idea is to burn more than you are putting in- one way measure this is to add up the calories you take-in in a day and compare to the number of calories you burn in a day (using the calculator on the website above). Don't drive yourself crazy though- counting calories everyday can definitely make one lose their mind! Just try it for a day or two to get an idea of where you need more help.
More by this Author
What are varicose veins? Varicose veins are veins that have become enlarged and/or twisted. We usually hear the word used when referring to viens on the legs, but varicose viens can form anywhere on the body. (However,...
It is summertime! Rather than dread putting your butt in a bikini, work to get it in shape. The following exercise will help decrease the size of your butt and get it tone! And ladies, don't be afraid of your shape-...
Most of us at some point will have to deal with dark circles under our eyes. Whether it be due to stress, lack of sleep, a hang-over, or just from ageing. The good news is that there are a lot of simple at-home ways to...