Buy A Resistance Therapy Band | Exercise Bands for Fitness Workouts
Resistance exercise bands are a great tool to build flexibility, condition strength and add that extra spice to any workout. These rubber tubing can be used both as a therapy exercise equipment or as a fitness conditioning equipment. Compared to static machines, they present a dynamic workout that is uniquely matches your personal physical ability. Therefore, you workout at the level your body is comfortable at with a lower risk of injury.
Benefits of using a band
The band may look deceptively simple but they present certain unique benefits in workouts
- Increased coordination - As the band works in tension, it forces your muscles to compensate and work to maintain stability of the body. This trains your coordination and balace. More muscle groups are involved and trained as a result.
- Variety of Workouts - With static machines, you are limited to working one muscle group. The simple band can be used to train all the major muscle groups from the chest to the legs in multiple ways.
- Great for all fitness levels - The intensity of workout is tuned to your personal physical ability. The bands come in various resistance levels. They can be used for physiotherapy workouts at home to intense workouts.
- Low risk of injury - There is low risk of injury compared to say the use of free weights.
- Exercise while traveling - Exercise bands are lightweight and ultra portable. Hence, they make for the ideal traveling exercise equipment for people on the go.
- Cheap - Their low price makes them easy on your pocket yet great for your health!
How to Buy
- Bands are often color coded according to the resistance levels. Buy at least 3 (Light, Medium and Heavy) to vary your workout
- Get easy to use bands. Note that some bands have interchangeable handles or are made of hard plastic which are tough on the hands. Get padded handles.
- Accessories. You may want to explore more ways to attach to use your band as you progress. Examples include door attachments or ankle cuffs.
- Storage. As they are made of rubber, these bands would not fare very well when stored in areas exposed to direct heat or cold. Store them in a ziplock bag and add in a dose of powder to keep the rubber in good condition.
Basic band with handles. Comes with door attachment and workout charts
An entire set of bands with various resistance levels complete with attachments.
A great gift for health and wellness!
I first used a resistance band when I was undergoing physiotheraphy for a torn ankle ligament and I was hooked. To get back into competitive sports, the band allowed me to gradually strengthen my weak muscles and help maintain flexibility.
The exercise band i used was just a simple flat piece of rubber by Theraband. The various ankle exercises that the physiotherapist instructed me to do with the band made me realize how useful the band was and the many variations to get a workour from it. The physio room also had a lot of old folks using it to strengthen their core muscles and increase their body coordination.
The best part of the band was it's low cost and I could purchase one and continue my rehabilitation and training at home.
You can cut them to the length you require!
Other Fitness & Wellness Equipment
- Gym Balls
Gyms balls make exercise fun again. Combine resistance band workouts with gym balls for a blast!
- Electric Foot Massager
Nothing beats a foot massage for sore and aching feet at the end of a long day!
- Trophies and corporate gifts
Ander Marketing - Acrylic, Crystal & Glass Awards, Trophies, Medals, Plaques, Common Seals and Corporate Gifts Singapore
More by this Author
Portable power banks or battery packs are popular given our mAh thirsty devices like mobiles and tables. Is the price being advertised online seem too good to be true? What can potentially go wrong?
At the end of a long day, nothing beats a foot massage for sore and aching feet. This is especially true for folks whose daily routine involves prolonged standing or due to footwear like stilettos. Apart from reviving...
Water channels should be viewed as a resource in cities as they provide respite from the built-up environment. Concrete waterways are ecologically undesirable as they disrupt the natural ecology.