Buy a Tampon Holder for your Time of the Month
I don't know about you, but I honestly can't think of anything I like about my period apart from the fact that it means I can bare children (at least in theory).
Menstruation is unpleasant and for some women like myself, period cramps can be excruciatingly painful and nearly intolerable without drugs. This is in addition to the general feelings of uncomfortableness we experience given the bloating we get that makes our clothes not fit as usual. I hate feeling fat 5 days out of every month! My hormones get out of whack too, I cry over everything and it's no wonder this time of month puts women like me in a bad mood!
Well, I still can't quite believe it but I only started using tampons at the age of 25 because my mom always scared me off from using them. I must say that it was a revelation and I will never go back to using pads!
And I am almost 30 years old now and I recently discovered a new tool to use during my period that I'd like to tell you about: the tampon holder. You guessed it, it's a case to put your tampons in and they come in lots of pretty designs. Clearly these will not help with menstrual cramps and bloating but you can take a bit of pleasure knowing you're carrying your tampons around in style rather than just carelessly stuffing them in your purse, backpack or car. I wish I'd used tampons in school and knew about tampon holders! It would have been so much neater!
The Vinnie's Tampon Holder
- A very popular brand of tampon holder, once you get looking around, you will find these everywhere. They were invented by a guy named Vinnie Arnold and I really have no idea who he is or why he decided to make tampon holders but I bet he is doing pretty well for himself now.
- All of the cases have Vinnie's cartoon face on them but they don't try to hide the fact that they are tampon cases. You will find the words "tampon case" all over these holders, so if that bothers you, move along.
Plain Tampon Holders
- If you're looking for a very plain looking case to put your tampons in, there are a few to choose from in various sizes. Some of them hold just one tampon while others hold 3 or more. There's nothing wrong with these but they are a little too plain for my taste. If you are going to take the time to put your tampons in a case, it might as well be a stylish looking one.
- The second option you see here to your right is obviously for the OB tampons because there is no way tampons with applicators could fit in here.
The Retro/Vintage Tampon Holder
- Okay, these are definitely my favorite. They are in retro style which is trendy these days but at the same time, they're all pretty unique looking and I doubt any of your friends would have these.
- Pretty much all of them are metal cases with designs on them. I think they are so classy and would make the perfect accessory to your "monthly friend." I especially like the case with a mermaid on it - so cute! I can't say I would ever look forward to my period even with one of these things, but I'd rather throw one of these tampon holders in my purse to protect my tampons rather than just the tampons by themselves because they usually get squished.
Do you own a tampon holder?See results without voting
More by this Author
There comes a time in some women's lives - and I am there now - where it appears that every other woman around you but you is pregnant or already has kids. Almost from out of nowhere, it seems that all your high school...
Whether you're a woman who lives alone by choice or because that's just the way things turned out for you, it can often be a lonely and even overwhelming experience. Going to bed alone, waking up alone, cooking alone,...
Well, I used to be a travel agent ("travel consultant" was my official title) and must have done something right as I consistently got highest sales for my area. I have since moved on to another job and don't...