Celebrity Workouts and Diets
While it's true they are blessed with great DNA, celebrity workouts and diets are the real reason your favorite stars are in such great shape.
Celebrity Fitness DVDs
Celebrity Workout Tips
Even if you lack a superstar bank account, there are lessons to be learned from celebrity workout routines. For example:
- Make physical fitness a priority. Part of the reason your favorite Hollywood superstars are in amazing shape is because their careers demand it. If an actress gains 20 pounds in six months, she may jeopardize her chances of landing big roles.
- Find an exercise routine you enjoy. Jennifer Garner stays in shape with martial arts workouts and Christina Aguilera boxes. Getting in shape doesn't have to mean spending hours on a treadmill.
- Don't be discouraged by setbacks. Britney Spears, in the spotlight since her teens, recently bounced back into shape after giving birth to two children and going through a very messy divorce. Even though she gave into her junk food cravings and slacked off on her workouts during this time, she eventually recovered to look better than ever.
- Get some support. Jennifer Lopez has personal trainer Gunnar Peterson to help her get into shape, but you can get similar results by enlisting a good friend to help you reach your fitness goals. Having a workout buddy to provide moral support will make it easier to stick to your routine, especially if you're the type to blow off a workout when your schedule gets particularly hectic.
Celebrity Diet Books
Celebrity Diet Tips
Obviously, exercise alone isn't enough to give you a body fit for the red carpet. While celebrities have access to personal chefs and nutritionists to keep their diets in check, the rest of us aren't so lucky. However, you can adapt their strategies to fit your needs. The key is to make it as easy as possible to eat right. For example:
- Keep some healthy frozen entrees, such as meals from Lean Cuisine or Weight Watchers, in your freezer for the nights when you're too busy to cook.
- Measure out 100 calorie portions of fresh fruit, veggies, string cheese, nuts, and other healthy snacks once per week. Place them in plastic bags in your refrigerator for quick snacks.
- Make it easier to resist temptation by removing ice cream, cookies, cakes, and other fattening treats from your home.
- Strive for balance. Jackie Keller, a nutritionist and trainer who has worked with celebrities like Angelina Jolie and Charlize Theron, says most of your favorite stars aim to follow a diet that is roughly 60% favorable carbs like fruits, vegetables, and whole grains; 20% lean protein; and 20% healthy fats. If you keep these proportions in mind, you can stay slim without feeling constantly deprived.
No comments yet.