How to Relax with Aromatherapy to Get Rid of Stress?
The widespread use of aromatherapy started in the early 20th century in France. It is a method of using essential oils of certain plants and flowers for their therapeutic and medicinal properties. It's mainly used to uplift, calm, stimulate and revitalize a person's mind, much like a perfume, but these oils have strong healing properties. Though these oils are used mostly at home in a variety of ways, you must handle them with care because they are potent! You should never apply an essential oil directly to your skin, without first diluting it with a carrier oil, like olive, almond or coconut oil.
You can use your favorite oil in your bath or burner to relax and get rid of stress and use it to treat colds and coughs.
Best Way to Relax Using Aromatherapy?
Take Note of Your Breath!
- Practice mindful breathing (On a count of 4 breathe in then hold your breath for 2 counts exhale while counting 4 more). Breathe for ten minutes and think of NOTHING! Stretch for five minutes every day.
- Get a Full Body Massage with natural oils such as Extra Virgin Coconut Oil. Bathe in a warm tub filled with Epsom Salt and 4 Drops of Lavender Essential Oil. Place two Amethyst Crystals near you to help Calm your nerves, dim the lights. Rest for twenty minutes. Meditate with an Aromatherapy Incense or a Soy Scented Candle and listen to calming music you love.
- Sing your favorite tune in your heart or out loud.
- Practice Emotional Freedom by tapping on Your Meridian Points.
- Watch a funny movie from time to time.
The Best Stress Busters That Get Rid of Stress for Good!
- Jump on a Trampoline for 10 Minutes to your favorite song.
- Hold your yoga pose for 1 minute; like downward facing dog, child's pose.
- Wake up your Chi every morning by, Turning at the Waist, and by Separating Clouds.
- Find a dance partner to practice the Tango.
- Take a refreshing walk for 30 minutes at least four times a week.
- Drink warm lemon water every morning to cleanse your bowels.
- Eat a three course meal with friends at a candle light dinner and remember to say grace.
- Go Camping with your best friends.
- Attend a retreat at a Bed & Breakfast that has no Internet, cable or TV connection.
- Decide always to treat yourself well.
- Make time for fresh air every day.
- Read a compelling book from start to finish in a few days. Write a letter to someone you care about. Find something to believe in and do what you must to work on your writing.
- Find clever ways to rejuvenate your mind.
- Feel virtuous about everything you do, so you will not have any regrets.
Relaxing Aromatherapy Sounds for You
© 2010 Sheila Craan
More by this Author
- 11How to Get Rid of Toenail Fungus? What Raw Foods to Eat for Toenail Health? Can Diet and Polish Kill It Naturally?
Toe nail fungus is extremely difficult to cure, and nail medications never work! The utmost remedy is to cure your nail fungus with food-grade products, and in diet avoid sugar. This combination works like a charm!
You may not be thirsty, but your body surely craves salt and water, especially when you don't want to drink. Celtic Sea Salt is the best salt because of its high mineral content.
Get the trendy Kate Middleton hair look today! Discover her secret of hair color with olive oil, and choice of hairbrush. Furthermore, see her brown hairdo in fashionable hat styles.