Christian Rehab, Because Everyone Needs Help
The truth is, everyone needs help. We all can find ourselves at the ends of our ropes, depressed, hopeless, even addicted to drugs or alcohol. With so many pressures on us and with drugs and alcohol so easy to get, we may fall prey to their spells and get caught in the seemingly never ending cycle of addiction. As the famous saying, there but for the grace of God, go I.
But for those who have lost their way, or for the loved ones of someone trapped by addiction, there is help. Christian rehabilitation centers have been proven to be effective in helping addicts recover and stay free of drugs and alcohol. Fueled by the latest techniques in addiction recovery and of course by God’s merciful hand, Christian rehab centers have helped thousands to return to the narrow path of clean living.
Finding the Christian Rehab Program for You
When faced with the destructive consequences of drug and alcohol addiction, which can lead to violence and terribly hurtful behavior toward family and friends, counseling alone is not enough to heal the wounds. Support of the spirit is needed as well. To quote the scriptures, “Man does not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceeds from the mouth of God.”
In the attempt to find these faith-based programs of rehabilitation, there are many resources available. Every state in the union has Christian rehab centers to which you and your family can turn to in your time of need. A website known as Addiction No More will help you find a Christian rehab program in your state. You can either call their toll free number or fill out a simple contact page on the website, and they will be in touch. The contact form asks a few questions about the addicted person’s lifestyle so that Addiction No More can find the treatment that will best serve your loved one’s needs.
Another resource for information on Christian rehab is the website ChristianRehab.com. This site also features a toll free number that you can call for immediate help in dealing with drug and alcohol addiction. Here you will also find information on the 12 Step Program.
The 12 Step Program
Most people have heard something about the 12 Step Program for alcohol and drug addiction recovery. This program is firmly based in Christian thinking and principles. Most Christian rehab programs adopt the 12 Step Program in their services, given the great success it has had in helping people of all ages and all walks of life recover from drug and alcohol addictions. These are the 12 steps to recovery:
1. Admit we are powerless over alcohol and that our lives had become unmanageable.
2. Believe in a power greater than ourselves can restore us to sanity.
3. Make a decision to turn our will and lives over to the care of God as we
4. Take a searching inventory of ourselves fearlessly.
5. Admit to God, ourselves, and to other human beings what we have wronged.
6. Prepare yourself to have God remove these defects of character.
7. Modestly ask Him to remove our shortcomings.
8. Make a list of everyone you have harmed, and be willing to make them amends.
9. When possible, make direct amends to them, unless it will cause them harm or harm to others.
10. Continue taking personal inventory and be able to admit when you’re wrong.
11. Seek improving conscious contact with God through prayer and meditation, praying to him for knowledge of His will for us, and for the power to carry it out.
12. Once you have had a spiritual awakening through these Steps, do your best to deliver this message to alcoholics as well as practice this in all aspects of life.
Christian Rehab for Empathy and the Power of God’s Word
As you can see, the basis for Christian rehab is faith and a belief in God’s power to restore us and to take the stumbling blocks of failure out of our way. Through these programs we are also called to make amends for the trespasses we have made against our loved ones. In this, we understand, we are not alone. The ideal of Christian rehab is that God will help those who help themselves, but that we need not chart that course alone. Call a Christian rehab program today and restore your life, with the help of God.
Not what you're looking for? Look through these articles:
- Basic Constipation Remedies
Constipation can be a hard topic to talk about. For one thing, it is kind of embarrassing. No one like to talk about these...
- Information on Headache Cures
Headaches are one of the most common ailments in the world. Everybody at some time is subject to the discomfort and...
- Knowing About Dental Bridges
A missing tooth or teeth can be a real drain on your confidence. You will not feel like yourself with a missing tooth, and...
- Eye Centers
There really are few things as important as your eyes. You want to make sure they are healthy and that there are no problems with...
- Choosing a Rehab Center
When you have an addiction to drugs or alcohol, it can seem like you are completely stuck. The addiction has a hold on you so...
More by this Author
There are rings of many kinds in the world, but nothing like the puzzle ring. If someone had a puzzle ring, it would signify love that cannot easily fall apart.
Getting a new puppy is huge, and knowing the breed specifics gets you one step closer to raising your puppy right!
Tattoos aren’t just for sailors and tough guys anymore. These days, tattoos are a fashion statement that people from all walks of life are making. People are getting and wearing tattoos in a huge array of patterns...