Color Your Day : The Benefits of Color Therapy
Color Your Day : The Benefits of Color Therapy
Color Your Day : The Benefits of Color Therapy. Color, color, color, color, it brightens the day and make you happier specially at times when you are stressed out. People have color preferences and usually they based their choices of products they use or wear based on the vibes it creates when they look at it or use the item.
They choose their wardrobe, bags, nail colors and almost everything they consume or use based on the color to some extent. People have their own favorite color as well. For instance, my favorite color is orange and other products, fruits or anything I use, I prefer the orange color. I like the fruit orange, pumpkin and I wear orange regularly.
To some extent you feel happier when you like the color you see and it elevates your mood. I noticed that when I wear a clothing with a color which I like I am in the mood and happier. I have a friend whose favorite color is purple and all her things are all purple in color, from ball pen -- to shoulder bag plus her favorite flower -- violets. How about orange or purple as color of a car, anyone?
The topic of this hub is about color therapy as a method of healing. It is an alternative way of healing which has its roots in Ayurvedic medicine from India.
- There are seven main energy centres (chakras) of the body. These chakras are like spirals of energy, each one relating to the others and by utilizing the seven colours of the spectrum, Color Therapy aims to balance and enhance our body's energy centres/chakras and also to help stimulate our body's own healing process. Colour Therapy in short utilizes colour to re-balance the Chakras that have become depleted of energy.
Color Theraphy Video
What is Color Therapy?
Color therapy , chromotherapy, sometimes called colorology or cromatherapy, is an alternative way of healing method -- a technique which used color and light to balance energy in the person well being, physical, emotional, spiritual or mental.
Color therapy is an area of holistic healing which uses color in an attempt to affect our mood, emotions and even our health.
The Ayurvedic medicine (from India) describes the body as having major main chakras, seven all in all, which are spiritual centers located along the spine that are associated with a color, function and organ or bodily system. According to this explanation, these colors can become imbalanced and result in physical diseases but these imbalances can be corrected by using the appropriate color as a treatment.
Brief History of Color Therapy
The Beginning -- Avicenna (980-1037) --- viewed color to be of vital importance in diagnosis and traetment, discussed chromotherapy in " The Cannon of Meficine". He wrote that "Color is an observable symptom of disease" and also developed a chart that related color to the temperature and physical condition of the body. His view was that red moved the blood, blue or white cooled it, and yellow reduced muscular pain and inflammation. He further discussed the properties of colors for healing and was "the first to establish that the wrong color suggested for therapy would elicit no response in specific diseases."
The use of color as a therapy has a long history -- the ancient Egyptians and ancient Greeks built healing temples of light and color and the use of color became deeply embedded in Chinese and Indian medicine, and it remains an integral part of Ayurvedic medicine as well.
The Benefits Of Color Therapy
- Each and every color has specific healing properties. Usually a color therapist uses certain tools plus visualization techniques and suggestions to apply color to our bodies in an attempt to heal those parts of our bodies suffering under physical, emotional, or spiritual strain.
- It uplifts the mood and make a person happier
- Sometimes it is combined with other treatment like aromatherapy or other alternative way of healing
Some Color Plus their Properties
- Green symbolizes nature and is the universal healing color, and it is currently a popular decorating color,. It is the easiest color on the eye and can improve vision, and it is a good color because it is a calming and nourishing. Hospitals often use green because it relaxes patients. Clear perception, self- recognition, and compassion are associated with green.
- Because it signifies tranquility, it has been said that blue causes the body to produce calming chemicals, thus it is often used as linens in bedrooms. It is believed that blue slows metabolic activity, but at the same time it can also be cold and depressing or pain relieving and it has been found out that people are more productive in blue rooms. Blue enhances clear thinking, diligence and organization.
- Orange promotes happiness, joyousness and feeling of wellness. Orange is used to treat depression, hypothyroidism and kidney
Orange is the color for ideas and mental concepts plus it also symbolizes warmth and prosperity.
- Red is the strongest and the most emotionally intense color -- red stimulates the heart to beat faster and breathing to increase plus it also increases metabolic activity. As red is the color of love, it is often used as an accent color in decorating. Decorators say that red will attract attention. Self-motivation, leadership and generosity are some qualities of the color red.
- If you want to be in a joyful mood, yellow is a nice color to proejct that mood.It is also considered an optimistic color and it has been found out that most people are temperamental when they are in yellow rooms because if you overused it, it can be overpowering to your eyes.
- Black is the color of power and it also implies submission to authority. The qualities of black include self-sufficiency plus individualism and protection.
- White is associated with light and it suggests goodness, purity, virginity and innocence, maybe because it signifies pureness --- blank and it is a color of perfection. It denotes successful beginning.
- Purple is associated with royalty, king and regality. It strongly symbolizes power, nobility, luxury plus ambition. It signifies wealth and extravagance. Purple is also associated with wisdom, dignity and independence plus it is a powerful color in enhancing creativity, mystery and magic.
- Since color therapy is a method of alternative healing it is not supported by scientific researches, the fact that color changed the mood of a person and uplift their spirit is a good indication that it helps in achieving good health.
- Color can change how you feel, you might want to change the color of the things you peruse. Sometimes, color therapy is also used with other alternative way of healing like aromatherapy in setting up the mood and uplifting of ones spirit. Being happy and having a good disposition helps in everyday living.
- All about Naturopathy and what to expect when you consult a Naturopath
All about Naturopathy and what to expect when you consult a naturopath All about Naturopathy and what to expect when you consult a naturopath. Naturopathy, naturopathy, naturopathy, have you heard of that...
- All About Reiki and Where to Get Services
All about Reiki and where to avail of services Throughout centuries, people in their search of trying to improve themselves and seek for better health practices develop means to give solutions to how we to...
- Things to Consider Before Using Herbal Remedies
Things to consider before using herbal remedies In the recent past, many people are resorting to herbal remedies to treat common illnesses like cold, backpain or other more serious ones such as...
- Natural Home Remedies for Hangover
Natural Home Remedies for Hangover Now its official, you have a hangover after drinking or partying too much and drinking like there is no tomorrow. When you see the old lady walking and she appears to be...
- How to Perk Up Your Romantic Life With Aromatherapy
How to Perk up Your Romantic life with Aromatherapy How to perk up your romantic life with aromatherapy? How to perk up your romantic life? Well, that's the question everybody in a relationship asked...
- How to Cure Hypertension the Natural Way
How to Cure Hypertension the Natural Way - Naturopathy How to Cure Hypertension the Natural Way - Naturopathy. If one is suffering from a high blood pressure problem or Hypertension we know that it is a...
- Is Reiki Safe for Cancer Patients?
Is Reiki Safe for cancer Patients? Is Reiki Safe for cancer Patients? In this age of new medicine and scientific discoveries many people are counting on medical researches to uplift their conditions...
- Chinese Herbal Medicine For Insomnia
Chinese Herbal Medicine for Insomnia Chinese medicine also termed as Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) practices include such treatments as Chinese herbal medicine, acupuncture/acupressure, dietary...
- Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea
Natural Home Remedies for Diarrhea Diarrhea if untreated may cause death because ofdehydration. It is a condition where you have discomfort and at times your stomach aches. There are natural home...
- Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies
Are Herbal Remedies Safe? Interesting Truths and Facts About Herbal Remedies For those of us who are tired of the high price s of some mainstream medicines, herbal remedies are good alternatives to medicate...
- Chinese Herbal Medicine for Menstrual Pain
Dang Gui or female ginseng : best Chinese herbal medicine for menstrual pain Chinese medicine are proven by history to be effective in curing diseases. Herbalism or resorting to herbal...
More by this Author
What Not to Wear When You Are Pregnant : Fashion Maternity Flops. The question that most women ask during pregnancy is "what can I wear when I am pregnant?". My answer is as long as you are confident that...
Do you want to get pregnant faster? here are some ways for you to do so that you can achieve your reproductive goals. When two people love each other and they want to start a family there are various ways on how to...
In honor of the Cinco de Mayo (May 5) celebration, I will feature in this hub the beautiful, best and famous Mexican actresses and actors. Cinco de Mayo is a celebration in Mexico and in other parts of the world where...