Fighting Sinusitis in Five Simple Ways
Feeling tired and irritable with excruciating headache
I cannot finish my hub in just one setting due to the feisty symptoms of sinusitis. I've been experiencing it since December when I participated in 30-hub marathon challenge per month. I cannot sleep well and oftentimes, my head is aching to the max.
I've tried drinking over-the-counter pill called Sinutab, but the symptoms will recur the next day. Asking the advice of my friend, who's also a private doctor in practice, he gave me five simple ways to prevent the recurrence of my not-so friendly Sinusitis.
- Find the secret symptoms. Sinusitis is not only because of nasal discharge or the overstaying phlegm. Feeling tired, being irritable all the time and the pounding headache are possible signs of the nasal infection. If you are always feeling the drama of these three undesirable symptoms, you should consult your doctor if you can use nasal spray or effective antibiotic that is effective for controlling such conditions.
- Try effective vegetable dips. Hot vegetable dips such as: horseradish, hot salsa, wasabi or pepper can trigger your nose to become runny. It can be a good alternative if you don't have available nasal spray. It will serve as effective decongestant.
- Take a shower every morning. Inhale the steam of hot shower to open infected sinuses and promote drainage. It is good to inhale the steam of the water for about 15 minutes everyday. You can also do it with hot water in a big bowl with your head covered with towel to prevent the steam from escaping.
- Avoid pungent or strong odor. The infection of the sinus can be worsen by allergens. There are perfumes who have strong smell and the secondhand smoke of the cigarette is the second cause of sinusitis.
- Fight the symptoms. Daily doses of exercise will help lessen the problems with our sinuses. It is due to the increase production of adrenaline, an exercising hormone that also relaxes the sensitivity of sinus membranes. A 20-minute workout each day can open the sinuses fast and is more effective than any other drug available.
Look, I just finish this hub in just one setting!
More by this Author
Molluscum contagiosum, those painless warts on your face...it affects your personality if it is already visible. Immediately seek for a medication in order to get rid of it.
Sambong tea is now commercially available at the nearest drug store if you're interested aside from its capsule version. Other benefits are enumerated here in this hub.
Ever heard of sweet rice cake? Perhaps not, when you're still not living here in the Philippines. Let me teach you on how to make this Filipino delicacy. Get ready with your sweet tooth.