Common Causes of Asthma
Asthma is the result of a hypersensitivity reaction to stimuli. Asthma is a condition due to both hereditary and environmental factors. It involves inflammation and constriction of air passages.
An asthma attack may be provoked by:
- Allergens – animal dander, dust, certain food and medicines, mites, mold spores, pollen.
- Viral or bacterial infections – bronchitis, cold or the flu, coughs, sinusitis, strepthroat.
- Environmental irritants and pollutants – exhaust gases, hair spray, perfumes, smoke from tobacco or wood.
- Aspirin and NSAIDs act as triggers in a small percentage of people with asthma. Because aspirin-induced asthma can be severe and come on very quickly, you should avoid taking aspirin and other NSAIDs if you have aspirin-sensitve asthma .
- Emotional stress – excitement, stress, fear.
- Strenuous exercise that involves continuous movements over a long period in cold, dry air.
More by this Author
After Jose Rizal’s fourth year in medical studies in Santo Tomas, the University of Higher Learning in the Philippines whom Rizal was disgusted of its primitive method of instruction and the racial prejudice of...
“Noli Me Tangere” was published and went to circulation that resulted to hatred of the friars to Jose Rizal. His brother Paciano and other relatives and friends advised Jose Rizal not to go home but he did...
After the kangaroo trial, Rizal was escorted to his cell in Fort Santiago to make use of his remaining time. His last 24 hours was his busiest life – as if trying to meet the deadline. Last hours of Rizal. At...
No comments yet.