Common Causes of Asthma
Asthma is the result of a hypersensitivity reaction to stimuli. Asthma is a condition due to both hereditary and environmental factors. It involves inflammation and constriction of air passages.
An asthma attack may be provoked by:
- Allergens – animal dander, dust, certain food and medicines, mites, mold spores, pollen.
- Viral or bacterial infections – bronchitis, cold or the flu, coughs, sinusitis, strepthroat.
- Environmental irritants and pollutants – exhaust gases, hair spray, perfumes, smoke from tobacco or wood.
- Aspirin and NSAIDs act as triggers in a small percentage of people with asthma. Because aspirin-induced asthma can be severe and come on very quickly, you should avoid taking aspirin and other NSAIDs if you have aspirin-sensitve asthma .
- Emotional stress – excitement, stress, fear.
- Strenuous exercise that involves continuous movements over a long period in cold, dry air.
More by this Author
1874 My first Inspiration – dedicate to his mother 1875 Felicitation The Departure: Hymn to Magellan’s Fleet. And He is Spanish: El Cano, the first to Circumnavigate the World ‘The...
After Jose Rizal’s fourth year in medical studies in Santo Tomas, the University of Higher Learning in the Philippines whom Rizal was disgusted of its primitive method of instruction and the racial prejudice of...
The year 1872, when Jose Rizal was eleven years old, two important events were unfolded which influenced the life of the hero. These events awakened the nationalism spirit in Jose Rizal that he lived up to the day he...
No comments yet.