Definition of Shyness
What is Shyness?
If you look up the definition of shyness, this is what you will find.
♥ Shyness: Means to be an introvert, ranges from mild cases of social anxiety, to very extreme
♣ Introvert: Is someone who likes to be alone and goes out of their way to avoid being around crowds, or getting involved in pretty much everything.
Being a little shy is natural and helps build strength and self-esteem, a mild form of shyness is okay. Below are a few natural causes for shyness, which should be easy to overcome.
1.When meeting new people.
2.Going to a new school or changing jobs.
3.When learning something new
4. Singing or speaking in public
A mild form of shyness can be cured by simply pushing yourself to mingle or stepping forward and being brave.
What can I Do to Overcome my Fear?
Here are a few things you could try to break free from your mild case of shyness.
1. Go out of your way to talk to new and interesting people, it doesn't have to be some long drawn out conversation. It can be something as simple as just saying hello or asking them how their day went.
2. Write a list of everything you're afraid of trying and start doing them. This may seem hard at first, but you will feel so much better once your start noticing little by little your fears all start to vanish until they are no more.
3. Meditate daily, this will help clear your mind of unnecessary clutter and open your body up to new challenges.
4. Exercise and eat healthy, a healthy body equals a healthy, happy mind and heart.
If you follow these little tips above hopefully you will start to see results soon.
Can Shyness be Debilitating?
As long as you can still breathe, you have no reason to ever give up on trying or learning new things. Shyness in the extreme form of social phobia can be very debilitating and depressing, in some cases even causing the individual to lock themselves inside their house. Some even avoid being around their own families. When your shyness is in this stage of paranoid thoughts and super fears, you need to seek professional, medical, help.
Below are a few signs that your shyness is starting to control your life.
1. Are you physically afraid to be around people?
2. Are you afraid to go outside?
3. Have you stopped talking on the phone, for fear that someone may be listening in on your calls?
4.Have you stopped celebrations of all kinds due to fear of being around people?
5. Are you constantly worried that people are talking about you?
If you have answered yes to any of these questions, you may want to consider consulting a counselor or physician. Once your shyness gets to this point you might need a different type of treatment other than the natural alternative ones I posted.
More by this Author
Nobody is perfect we are not meant to be. Imagine how boring life would be if everyone looked,dressed and talk exactly alike. We should always take time to appreciate our flaws and differences.
Having a high self-esteem is awesome but you don't want to seem egotistical. You can carry yourself confidently without being over the top.
You don't have to spend a fortune on a beauty product for it to work. Some of the best natural, cruelty-free products can be made at home with items you would find in your fridge or cabinet.