Depression - 10 Reasons why you can’t give up on Life
This is a Hub I write from my heart. I thought of sharing personal stories but didn’t want them to over shadow the message of the Hub. These days depression is on the increase but the interesting thing is, many cover it up with smiles and go through it all alone until one day they just totally give up……. Then people say “We never knew he/she was going through a hard time, they seemed so nice, normal and cheerful….”
10 Reason’s not to throw in the Towel.
1. You are still breathing – you are alive. Where there is life there is hope.
2. There are people who love you. Family, friends, colleagues. You have people who need you and cherish you. If you have kids, you have beautiful children to raise and be proud of - watch them through graduation and more.
3. Your best years are ahead. You have so much to live for. I’m sure you are not 90 – 100 years old yet.
4. You can do it again – Every one has been through a time in their life, when they thought their world would crumble, but somehow help came, they got through it. Cast your mind back to such a time in your life. Remember the elation you felt. If it happened then, it can happen again. You can be happy.
5. Pain is not permanent. Emotional pain/Physical pain. I always think to myself, sometimes it rains, sometimes its grey and cloudy, but at some point, (though it might be days) – the sun eventually comes out.
6.Your Trial could be a blessing in disguise. “Imagine yourself as house. God comes in to rebuild that house. First, perhaps, you can understand what He is doing. He is getting the drains right and stopping the leaks in the roof etc; you knew that those jobs needed doing and so you are not surprised. But presently, He starts knocking the house about in a way that hurts abominably and doesn't seem to make any sense. What on earth is He up to?
The explanation is that He is building quite a different house from the one you thought of - throwing out a new wing here, putting on an extra floor there, running up towers, making courtyards. You thought you were being made into a nice little cottage: but He is building a Palace. He intends to come and live in it Himself.”
7. There are people who need you. (this time not your family) Everyone has a part to play in making the world a better place, but it’s a choice. People cross our paths for different reasons. Maybe there are people whose lives will be changed positively with your help through your job, your life, your experience, your knowledge etc. If you give up, they lose out.
8. You are not alone - though you may feel so. For Christians, of course you know God is ever present. He said he will be with you when you go through tough times. So tough times do come. For those who are not Christians, even the universe responds to us. It responds to the energy we give out. If we send out positive vibes, it will attract positive situations to us.
9. We are only here once. So let’s enjoy the Journey of life. You can overcome.
10. There are people going through worse challenges and they get through it. (no dis-respect to whatever you are going through right now).
Please feel free to add more in comments and I will include it in the Hub with your name below – it will help someone. Thanks. .·*♡
Beth100 Shares: "Every morning when you open your eyes, you have a new canvas to paint on. Use love, laughter, hope, kindness and humility to brush the colors on. Step back and you will see your day is a masterpiece and one that shines with the reason for being."
Anamika S Shares: "You would be a loser if you give up and you can't be that. Life is too precious to be thrown away. Our hardships and struggles make us strong to face even the worse storms in life. Yes, your tough times are indeed a blessing in disguise. Maybe it happened because you deserve better or better things are in store for you."
teaches12345 Shares: "There is always Hope, when you have Faith to believe."
DeBorrah K. Ogans Shares: When you know the Lord life becomes quite deep at times... This does not mean that you are immuned to pain or sorrow. It does mean that regardless how you feel God is ALWAYS there waiting for you to reach out to Him! Spending time in His WORD often helps to lift the soul to higher heights! The PEACE of GOD surpasses the understanding of man. We will never know why for many things and situations. But GOD can still impart His Peace to us even in admidst adversity, sorrow and pain... As His child, Life is about continually learning to turn our burdens over to Him.. (For lots of Inspiration follow her on facebook under the same name)
gmaoli Shares: "Just because you're not important to everyone you meet doesn't mean you're not important at all. No matter who you are, you really do matter to someone out there.”
More Contributions from Hubbers in comments...Updated Dec 12
shin_rocka04 Wrote: Sometimes, you just got to learn to live life one minute at a time. Thanks for this post.
jpcmc Wrote: Depression can make people think of worse case scenarios. It is imperative to focus on the positive things in life and not dwell on the negative ones.
meloncauli Wrote: We are geared to survive but this can be tested throughout life. Life has many lessons and we learn the most through our bad times. We can even become better people for them in my opinion.
- Five Ways to enhance your life - in less than 30 minutes
5 Ways to create your happiness and impact your life in a positive way...all under 30 minutes.
- 30 Beautiful Things Happening Now - Some are around you
30 Beautiful things happening around the world. Guaranteed to make you feel good.
More by this Author
Things I have personally noticed about people who laugh a lot. Thought provoking. Laughter is Good.
How to stay fit and stop tiredness.
A look at Pro Ana Websites that encourage Anorexia as a healthy lifestyle and endanger the lives of youngsters. September 2009.