Diabetic Education, Information About Diabetes, Children With Diabetes Mellitis, Diabetes Knowledge, Quiz And Questions
Information About Diabetes: Diabetes Mellitis - Test to Part One of Same Title
Part of my completing a City and Guilds in Further Education, I had to design and teach a specific subject. As my son has been insulin dependent diabetic since he was 18 months old, I felt empowered to design a course on this. I truly understand the difficulties that diabetes can have on the child and family around him, This is the result. This is being published in various parts as each has its own issues to contend with. This is part 3, parts 1 and 2 can be viewed seperately. I hope you might get something out of it. I know that I did!
Diabetes Awareness – Type 1 - Please click here for information about diabetes in order to complete this task. You can either use this as a work sheet or as a test sheet to check your knowledge base and then go back and make the adjustments from original source.
Questions on Part One
1. How many different types of diabetes?
2. Juvenile diabetes, or insulin dependant diabetes, is also known as Type 1 _______ _______.
3. Diabetes is a disease of long duration. What is the term for this?
4. What is the name of the cells that produce the hormone insulin?
5. Diabetes affects which major organ?
6. What is the term for when there is too much sugar in the blood stream, whereby a form poisoning occurs?
7. What are the signs and symptoms of hyperglycaemia?
8. What does a diabetic need more of when they are ill?
9. Why do people get type 1 diabetes?
a. Because they deserve it?
b. No one knows the reason why.
c. They requested it from their doctors because they like the trendy insulin pens that comes with diabetes.
10. What is the normal blood glucose range?
Please refer to Part 1 of my Diabetes awareness course, if you have problems and use this as a worksheet, if you wish.
This work is covered under Creative Commons License
Please feel free to view the other parts to this course....
Diabetes Awareness in Children and Young People - Part 1 – 3 Type 1 Insulin Dependent, Diabetes Mellitus
Part 1 – 3 Of a Specifically Designed Education Course
Part of my completing a City and Guilds in Further Education, I had to design and teach a specific subject. As my son has been insulin dependent diabetic since he was 18 months old, I felt empowered to design a course on this. I truly understand the difficulties that diabetes can have on the child and family around him. This is the result. This is being published in various parts as each has its own issues to contend with. I hope you might get something out of it. I know that I did!
- Click Here for Part 1 of the Course.
- Click Here for Part 2 of the Course.
- Click Here for Part 3 of the Course.
Strummerville and BBC Radio 6 is Following Me on Twitter... Why Don't You?
Just click here and follow the links!
Share Your Expertise and GET PAID for it!
For anyone who wants to bring out the writer in them and earn a bit of dosh at the same time, why not join hubpages!
Just click here and follow the links!
Already Writing? Why Not Try Backlinking? Get More Traffic!
I started using other methods of backlinking. It's easy and requires virtually no effort. Just make an account, copy the URL to your hubs and you're done.
Just click here above and follow the links!
More by this Author
- 59How Do I Know I Have Aspergers Syndrome, A Form Autistic Spectrum Disorder? What If You Think Your Child Has ASD?
Asperger's Syndrome is part of a range of conditions within the field of autism. An Autistic Spectrum Disorder, or ASD, is a complex and individual condition. So, what if you think your child has ASD or how would you...
- 42Best Aspergers Guide For Women And Girls With Autism Spectrum Disorder, Aspergers Syndrome In Females
Undiagnosed Asperger's Girls and Undiagnosed Asperger's women are the lost generation. In the past women and girls have been undiagnosed and mis-diagnosed in the field of autism. The term autism spectrum disorder...
It is true - you can heal yourself! Energy healing is not something that has to come through another - you have the ability to do it yourself! Healers channel the energies - we are all healers.
No comments yet.