Diet Strategy for Losing Weight and Curing Diabetes
Overweight or Obese People Need to Lose Weight
The Amazing ThunderBell to Help You Be Fit Instead of Fat
Losing Weight, Curing Diabetes and Diabesity with Diet Strategy
How do you torture an overweight person? Force them to eat less than they want! That is what a diet does. That is why diets do not work. Any wrong information can cause you to waste your time. Who has a vested interest in you being overweight and unhealthy? The food companies and drug companies.
This is why processed foods are bad for you. They were made by people who want you to be fat and eat a lot. Mother nature wants you to be thin so unprocessed foods that are made by nature are the healthiest for you. This is not difficult to understand and it is not controversial. Healthy people are not overweight.
So when deciding who to listen to think about a conflict of interest. People who sell books on losing weight are counting on people being overweight. If there is a free book on losing weight, then it is not a conflict of interest. Type 2 diabetes goes along with being overweight. This strategy lets you eat whatever you have been eating. All you do is add to what you are eating.
According to the CDC (Centers for Disease Control and Prevention), 35.7% of Americans are obese. Type 2 diabetes goes along with being overweight and obese. Obese is a BMI of 30 or higher. Since obesity and type 2 diabetes is an epidemic in the U.S. they are calling it diabesity. In 1985 there were no states with an obesity rate over 15%. In 2,000 no U.S. states had an obesity prevalence of 30% or more. In 2009, 9 states had an obesity rate of 30% or higher. In 2010 that rate had increased to 12 states. See chart in picture for more on this and source. See video below.
Harvard School of Public Health (hsph.harvard.edu ) says:
The good news is that many of the foods that help prevent disease also seem to help with weight control—foods like whole grains, vegetables, fruits, and nuts. And many of the foods that increase disease risk—chief among them, refined grains and sugary drinks—are also factors in weight gain.
As far as whole grains being much better for health than refined grains see the article: Whole Grains Healthier than Refined Grains.
1. First drink green or white tea or Yerba Mate tea throughout the day that is either sweetened with stevia or unsweetened. Stevia is a very sweet herb with no calories. Also it helps the body balance blood sugar helping you to avoid type 2 diabetes and diabesity. This will help with losing weight. The EGCG in green or white tea is even better than the caffeine in it for helping you to lose weight.
2. Read labels and consume less salt (sodium on label). An MD and a registered dietitian (R.D.) wrote the book, The Rice Diet Solution: The World Famous Low-Sodium, Good Carb, Detox Diet. Here is information about the doctors in charge of the rice diet. Dr. Robert A. Rosati is the Director of The Rice Diet Program, Associate Professor Emeritus of Medicine at Duke University and is Board Certified in Cardiology and Internal Medicine. For more on this subject see Can Salt Make You Overweight? Dr. Frank Neelon, the Medical Director of the Rice Diet Program since 1995, is an Associate Professor Emeritus of Medicine at Duke University and is Board Certified in Endocrinology and Internal Medicine.
The Rice Diet website says:
Salt is also an appetite stimulant, a hyper-palatable food that inspires overeating..
When you consume much added salt or sodium your body can retain excessive and unhealthy amounts of water... Part of the reason Rice Diet participants usually feel better in a matter of days is that they are able to rid their bodies of the excess salt and water they are carrying. Salt consumption is associated with increased blood pressure (thus increased risk of heart attacks and strokes), decreased kidney function, increased pressure in joints (thus worsening inflammation in arthritic joints), as well as other diseases and conditions.
There is a Salt Institute that is a non-profit group. All of its members are companies selling salt so they want people to eat lots of salt, although it is better to put the salt on icy steps or streets to melt the ice.
3. Before each meal or your main meal (you decide) eat raw fruit on an empty stomach. Find a fruit that you like and eat as much as you want. This will help your health and being overweight, obese, type 2 diabetes or diabesity is a health problem. Forget about calories since they do not matter when eating fruit. See 3rd video below to learn how eating fruit makes you thin. Fruit does not need to be digested due to its high water content so wait 15 minutes for it to pass through your stomach before eating other foods. For more on this see Fruits are the Healthiest Foods. Also see Good Carbs and Bad Carbs.
Make sure to watch 4 minute video below called Does Fruit Make You Fat. It explains how fruit can make you look puffy and bloated and how to avoid it.
4. I mentioned above that fruit is high in water content and does not need to be digested. I was eating at a restaurant and the 4 other people got something to drink like water with their meal. I told the waitress that I do not drink while eating. I was the only one there not overweight. So do not drink anything with your meal or for at least an hour after eating. The liquid will dilute the stomach acids. If you need to, drink a gallon or 2 gallons of liquid before eating so you are not dehydrated. Drink 10 gallons if you need to just do not drink while eating or for an least an hour afterward.
Try it. I grew up drinking while eating and then I tried eating without drinking and have been doing it for decades now. One summer as a child I lived on a farm. They did not let me drink while eating. Maybe this is ancient knowledge that was forgotten. Now diabesity is an epidemic.
5. Next eat a salad with some raw vegetables in it. Then you can eat whatever you want and as much as you want, although you will have less room for your foods. You decide how big or small the salad is. Trader Joe's stores have great tasting little salads made up with a dressing inside.
You can add to their dressing the following or use this as your own dressing-- a mixture of extra virgin olive oil (also known as EVOO), raw apple cider vinegar and lemon juice. Vinegar, a dilute form of acetic acid, has potent glucose-lowering effects. One study in Italy found that when participants added just 1 tablespoon of vinegar to their meal (as salad dressing) they experienced a 30 percent decrease in their post-meal blood sugar levels. Controlling blood sugar remains an essential component to weight loss and maintaining a lean body.
Try to include in the salad (a few times a week) greens (every salad), red onions, hot peppers, red cabbage and mushrooms. With your salad or as a snack at another time, eat some nuts and seeds.
6. Eat seaweed a few times a week to help your thyroid gland and metabolism. For more on this see the Health Benefits of Seaweed like Kelp. A healthy body will not get overweight, obese, type 2 diabetes or diabesity.
7. For exercise do some resistance training to build more muscle. Extra muscle will help you to burn more calories and sugar can only be metabolized in the muscle. So the majority of people with type 2 diabetes are overweight, but some are not. But they usually have a lack of muscle. A doctor had an underweight woman with anorexia nervosa in his office. He figured she would be mostly muscle. He tested her and she was over 40% fat.
8. If you can go to a yoga class, you may find a teacher that cares about you losing weight and that will be invaluable to you. Also yoga is about improving your health no matter how bad it is, not in looking impressive. If you do not have the self-esteem to even try the above, a good yoga teacher can make the difference. For more see Health Benefits of Yoga that includes a video of disabled vet that lost 140 pounds and overcame his disability.
Now this does not have to be all or nothing. Doing any of the above will help to some extent. It is very important for everyone to get enough sleep for mental and physical health an to avoid obesity, being overweight, diabetes and diabesity. This article would be too long if I explained the reason behind all the above. Dr Oz says that the best foods to eat do not have a list of ingredients. Only processed foods made by man have a list of ingredients. Watermelon does not have an ingredient list. See Health Benefits of Watermelon to learn how this melon reduces high blood pressure and improves sex in men and women.
Caralluma Extract-- appetite suppression & fat burner
STRONGEST, MOST EFFECTIVE APPETITE SUPPRESSANT ON AMAZON: Our 100% Pure Caralluma Extract is scientifically formulated to control, curb and cure hunger pains, to help you BURN BELLY FAT and lose weight fast without restricting calories or changing your diet, meals or daily routine! WE USE ONLY THE BEST INGREDIENTS AVAILABLE with no fillers, no GMOs, and no animal testing. 100% ALL-NATURAL, VEGETARIAN & VEGAN CAPSULES. Made in the USA in an FDA approved manufacturing facility.
US Obesity Epidemic, 1985-2010
Does Fruit Make You Fat. Listen to this. Expert comes on and says to eat fruit on an empty stomach and why!
What to Eat to Lose Weight and Gain Health
More by this Author
This is a way to lose weight that requires no diet. It was developed by a surgeon, Dr. Amy Lee, that does operations to help weight loss. It has her tips on diet also.
You can eat what and how much you want but it is the timing of when you eat that guarantees that you lose weight. A medical doctor discovered this by accident while researching cancer for NCI.
This tells about the many benefits of eating one meal a day.