Does haste make waste always.
'Unreasonable haste is the direct road to error.' -Moliere
This old saying is true but sometimes does not hold ground in this fast paced world. This saying would have been hundred percent applicable in those days when there was no cut throat competition. There are times when you have to make haste to win; otherwise you will be left far behind.
When an opportunity comes your way, if you dangle and dither, the opportunity will go to another eagerly snatching hands. But this does not mean you do not have to think before you act. You should analyze the opportunity and research the pros and cons of the prospect. If you feel it will be a good one, you should not wait but hurry to get it.
Things you should be hasty about.
1. When an opportunity knocks at your door, be hasty to grab it.
2. When you are getting ready for your work, you should have planned hastiness.
3. When you feel sick, you should not delay and make your sickness even more aggravated.
4. When you feel someone needs your help, be hasty in your help as a delay in action might make you change your mind of helping.
5. When you are doing your work, do not be slow as this can lead to a backlog of work. Be hasty in a measured way and finish your work with excellence.
6. When you feel your child excels in some talent, be hasty to nurture it.
When you should not be hasty.
1. Do not come to a hasty conclusion about anyone before you properly know him.
2. Do not make hasty decisions, trusting just your emotions.
3. Haste in a madly hurried way makes you even more stressed.
4. Haste in your driving makes you lose control over your vehicle and you might meet with accidents.
5. Hasty outbursts of words with your spouse make you unhappy.
6. Do not send hasty emails in a spurt of anger as you might lose your business.
So you should be hasty when there is urgency in the situation. If you delay in such a situation the loser will always be you. You miss opportunities and the opportunity you missed might have taken you to incredible height of success. In such a situation your haste is of utmost importance.
But there are times when haste can destroy relationships, as in your haste you forgo your patience and utter words which you should not. This is the time for patience and you should carefully choose the words you utter. Hastiness while cooking is not advisable as you will be doing everything in the wrong way and while cooking you should be calm and unruffled to make the dish you are making tasty and healthy.
While dressing also you should be relaxed and dress with care, otherwise your make up goes awry and you present a smudged look.
While taking a wise decision you should not be dithering around and waiting for the right time to come. When you feel that what you have decided on is correct, do not wait but act hastily to get the best out of it. When in love, if you feel he\she is the right person for you do not wait, but act immediately and express your love, otherwise you might lose a good life partner.
'Do nothing in haste, look well to each step, and from the beginning think what may be the end.' - Edward Whymper
Haste with good thinking is always good, than patience with no action. When you are inactive you become stagnant and stale, but when you act with the swiftness of an eagle in your venture, success beckons you immediately.
© 2011 mathira
More by this Author
When you sympathize with others, the feeling is temporary as the feeling goes once the problem is solved.But empathy means seeing problems from other people's shoes and you share their viewpoint.
When you are too involved in your emotions, life becomes tedious. But when you are mentally detached from your situation, you live your life with happiness and fulfillment.
When the person whom you so ardently loved leaves you, you might feel that you have nothing left. Don't let someone who does not truly love you cause you to lose hope. When you are able to move on from the false love...