How to Get Rid of Dry Skin -Home Remedies
Banana, papaya, honey, almond oil and olive oil are some of the home remedies for dry skin which is caused by lack of moisture.
Excessively dry skin can cause problems. People who have low secretion of oil from their oil glands are generally affected by this condition. Exposing skin to sun, wind, and air conditioning can also remove the moisture from the skin. People who have dry skin are likely to develop wrinkles much earlier than others. People with oily skin are more likely to get pimples or acne. Dry skin looks dehydrated and rough. It seriously affects the appearance of a person. Some skin disorders like eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis can also lead to dry skin. It may cause redness, irritation and itching. A wide range of home remedies are available for dry skin. There are several home remedies which can get rid of dry skin
Foods for Dry Skin
Causes of dry skin are said to be the deficiency of vitamins A, B and E. Our diet should consist of fruits and vegetables rich in vitamins. It is also necessary to drink plenty of water which helps to hydrate the skin. Regular exercises help to improve the blood circulation and provide nourishment to the skin.
It is necessary to change the bathing habits to get over the problem of dry skin. Take bath for not more than 15 minutes in lukewarm water. It is also necessary to reduce the quantity of soap. It is better to use soaps that contain glycerin which can moisturize the skin. Don’t rub yourself dry after a bath. Pat the body dry with a towel. Application of moisturizer before going to bed every day is also recommended.
Whenever you are outdoors apply sunscreen lotion, on areas exposed to the sun like face, hands and neck. Soaps containing alcohol should be avoided.
Home Remedies for Dry Skin
- A natural skin cleanser can be prepared by adding a few drops of rose water, lime juice, honey and orange juice to egg yolk and mixing it well. This natural cleanser should be applied to the skin every day at least 30 minutes before taking bath.
- Mashed ripe banana can be applied to the face and washed off after 15 minutes with warm water.
- Mix a few drops of almond oil and olive oil. Apply and massage the face with it every day before gong to bed. Wash it off in the morning.
- Mix glycerin with rose water and apply it on the face every day before going to bed.
- Mix mashed peach, banana and papaya. Apply it on all the dry areas of the body and wash it off after 30 minutes.
- Mix a teaspoon of honey with cooked oatmeal and rub it on all dry parts of the body.
- A face pack made of curds, almond oil, olive oil, honey and rose water is beneficial for the face and other parts of the body.
- Dry skin is more prevalent in winter because of lack of moisture in the air. Apply moisturizing cream regularly in winter.
These are some of the remedies for dry skin care.
More by this Author
Almond oil is extensively used for skin care. It will help you to get a smooth, soft and flawless skin. It is extensively used in skincare and cosmetic products.
No comments yet.