Dukan Diet General Rules
Rules in the Dukan Diet
The rules in the Dukan diet is not different from any diet program. A set of rules is always complements the program. It is sometimes confusing because the rules in this program is quite different from most other diet plans. It is consist of four phases: the Attack Phase, Cruise Phase with Protein Only and Protein + Vegetables Days, Consolidation Phase, and the Stabilization Phase. Combining two steps to lose your excessive weight and two steps to help keep it off.
Good thing about Dukan diet is: There's no starving involve! You can eat as much as you want provided you will follow the said rules and just eat the allowed foods in every stage.
Dukan General Rules
Strictly observe these rules during the entire diet and you will achieve your desired weight. The following rules apply in all phases of the Dukan diet.
- Fat content in any foods should not exceed to 5%.
- Dairy fat content should be 0%-2%.
- No sugar or fructose. Use only artificial sweeteners.
- You are allowed 1kg daily intake of dairy products.
- Make sure to take 2L of liquids daily.
- Only 2-3 drops of oil is allowed in cooking. As much as possible, use non-stick pan and wipe it off with a paper towel for dry frying.
- And the most important rule of all, always include OAT BRAN in your diet.
Attack Phase Basic Rules
For 2-7 days, you can eat as much as you want of in any of the allowed 72 high-protein foods.
- Foods must be prepared without any oil or fat and have any visible fat removed.
- Don't deprive yourself from eating 3 meals a day. Never skip meals.
- Never forget to include 1.5 tablespoon of oat bran in your diet daily.
- You can have spices, lemon zest, soy sauce, herbs, garlic, vinegar, onions, shallots, gherkins and mustard to add flavor.
- No alcohol intake.
- Take multivitamins.
- No excessive exercises during the first days of the diet.
- No fruits allowed or any fruit juices that contains sugar or fructose.
- Observe the general rules above.
Cruise Phase Basic Rules
Cruise phase is guided by alternating pure protein days and vegetable + protein days (PP and PV days).
- No starchy vegetables such as lettuce, spinach, celery, cucumber, asparagus and tomato.
- Continue consuming the 72 protein-rich foods with added 28 vegetables that are allowed in this phase.
- Don’t use Tomato Sauce or Ketchup, unless it’s a low sugar variety.
- General rules and the attack phase rules are applicable to this phase except for the daily oat bran which is now increased to 2 tablespoon.
Dukan Recipe Book
Consolidation Phase Basic Rules
This is the maintenance phase and commences once you have achieved your weight. This is also the phase where a great possibility to gain few pounds is at risk, so be careful of what you eat.
- You are allowed of one fruit per day.
- Avoid white rice and potatoes even though you are allowed of 2 starchy meals a week.
- No need to rush yourself of celebration meals. You can have small amounts of fat gradually.
- Have at least 1 Pure Protein (PP) day during the week. Just a guard not to gain weight.
- Your daily oat bran increases to 2.5-3 tablespoon.
- Exercise and take multivitamins.
- General rule applies.
Stabilization Phase Basic Rules
You've done a great job in following all the rules!
This is the ongoing lifestyle phase of the Dukan Diet. In this phase you are allowed to eat anything you like and not regain any weight providing you use the rules of the Consolidation Phase as a guideline and have one day of the week to eat only protein foods.
And most of all, don't forget the oat bran.
Happy dieting and try some of my Dukan Diet Beginner's recipes and check out the Delicious Foods To Snack On During the Attack Phase of the Dukan Diet.
You may want to check this review of the Dukan Diet.