Ear Infection Symptoms
Ear Infections are extremely common especially in children. If you have a large family, it tends to spread from one person to the next. Most children that get an ear infection almost always have a cold, flu, or other illness. It's actually considered uncommon to have an ear infection with no other sickness. Sometimes it can be just a runny nose or maybe a fever that accompanies the ear infection. If you think your child may have an ear infection, you should take him or her to the Doctor.
Ear Infection Symptoms:
* A baby will pull at their ears, this is almost a guarantee that he/she has an ear infection.
* Very tender ears is another sign, especially in babies. Sometimes an ear can just be touched or sometimes if you try to clean out the ear with a Q-tip and your baby or child seems to experience pain, this is a sign of an ear infection.
* There's usually no visible sign of an ear infection. Although some people mistake a ruptured ear drum for an ear infection. These symptoms include a whitish oozing substance coming out of the ear, this is a ruptured ear drum not an ear infection.
* A ringing in the ears.
* Muffled hearing or hearing loss.
* Pain in the ear canal.
Ear Infection Treatment
The majority of the time it is simply pain management that is prescribed/need for an ear infection. This can be accomplished by giving him or her Tylenol. A child does not need antibiotics every time their ear hurts. If you can give your child pain medicine and it takes away the symptoms, just give them medicine every 3-4 hours and it will clear up all on it's own.
If your child has a bad ear infection and Tylenol isn't helping much, take him/her to the Doctor. If a ear infection isn't caught early on and is showing other symptoms of illness, then your child will most likely need an antibiotic.
More by this Author
Find out exactly what is causing your itch !
- 10Symptoms You Have a Broken Pinky Toe or Stubbed Toe, Difference in Shooting Pains and the Healing Process
Do I need to go to the ER, broken toe symptoms and treatments !
Get rid of your infected tattoo fast!