Early Pregnancy Symptoms - Detect before Pregnancy test
Early pregnancy symptoms can help you detect before pregnancy test within a few days of fertilization. Early pregnancy symptoms differ from woman to woman and pregnancy to pregnancy. However, one of the most significant early pregnancy symptoms is a delayed or missed menstrual cycle. Understanding early symptoms of pregnancy is important because each symptom may be related to something other than pregnancy. Some women experience signs or symptoms of pregnancy within a week of conception. For other women, early pregnancy symptoms may develop over a few weeks or may not be present at all. If you have been sexually active and experiencing any of the following symptoms it is important to take a pregnancy test.
Check out whether you have undergone one, some or all of the following early pregnancy symptoms before a pregnancy test, which give a clear indication of development of fetus inside you.
- Fetal Alcohol Syndrome Symptoms
- Low Sodium Recipes for Pregnant Women
- Amoxicillin and children
- Urinary Tract Infection Symptoms
Urinary tract infection (UTI) is an infection of any part of the urinary tract. The urinary tract consists of the kidneys, ureters, bladder and urethra. Ureters is the tube that carry urine from the kidneys...
- Pregnancy Warning Signs and Symptoms
- Stages of Labor and Delivery - Pregnancy
- Late Pregnancy Discomforts
- Free Ovulation calendar and Ovulation calculator
- Fun Baby Shower Games for Pregnant Women
- How to treat diarrhea during pregnancy
1. Missing of periods: The most common early pregnancy symptom and one that is easily recognizable, is missing a period. However, there can be other factors that lead to a missed period like stress, travel, etc. Besides, when you notice a missed or delay in periods, you are already one or few weeks pregnant, so look for other typical early pregnancy symptoms to confirm your pregnancy.
2. Tender breasts: Another early pregnancy symptom before pregnancy testis a change in the size and the feel of your breasts. You might find your breasts becoming tender and slightly swollen or enlarged, with a tingling sensation that also makes them very sensitive to touch. However, this condition lasts for just a few weeks in the beginning.
3. Morning sickness or nausea: The third most common early pregnancy symptom before pregnancy test is nausea and vomiting. Many pregnant women complain about feeling of vomitting and nausea in different time of the day. It can be in the morning, or in the afternoon, evening or at night, however, this early pregnancy symptoms are termed as morning sickness. Expecting mothers may reduce discomforts of morning sickness by reducing spicy dishes from their meals and cutting down big meals into small frequent meals that are easier to digest and call for less discomforts of nausea.
Check out these pregnancy tests
4. Vaginal spotting: Little bit of bleeding secreted through your vagina is quite normal during the early stage of pregnancy. This spotting is also know as ‘implantation bleeding' as the bleeding is caused by implantation of egg to the inner walls of uterus. This is one of those very common early pregnancy symptoms and occurs a few days after conceiving. After implantation, the fetus starts developing in the uterus. You may notice the color of spotting a bit pinkish unlike the color of your menstruation. Implantation bleeding may accompany slight cramping pain in abdomen that is quite normal and harmless. However, if the pain is severe, you may consult doctor immediately as it may signal some complications.
5. Another visible early pregnancy symptom before pregnancy test is the darkening of the areola, something that lasts throughout pregnancy.
6. You may notice that you sometimes have to get up at night to urinate, something you have never done before. Frequent urination is also one of the first early symptoms of pregnancy, and it may occur as early as two weeks after conception. This is because your bladder gets compressed due to the uterus rising into the abdomen. Hormonal changes, like the rising levels of progesterone can also stimulate the muscles of the bladder giving it a feeling of fullness even though it may not really be so.
7. Both an unusual craving for certain foods as well as queasiness at just the smell of others is a common symptom. You may also experience strange tastes in the mouth.
8. Constipation occurs during pregnancy and is one of the signs women find most annoying.
Early pregnancy symptoms are early signs of pregnancy that indicate towards your being pregnant. However, mere presence of symptoms of pregnancy does not necessarily confirm pregnancy. Always take a pregnancy test to confirm pregnancy when you witness these veryearly pregnancy signs and symptoms. After this confirmation, it is time to get a doctor's appointment to begin the follow-up. Doctor may take a urine test, blood test and pelvic exam.
If your pregnancy is confirmed, the doctor will generally wait for four to six weeks after conception before she conducts an internal examination which will further confirm the pregnancy. The doctor will be able to feel the thickening of the vaginal tissues or the softening of the uterus which will confirm that the pregnancy symptoms you have experienced are real after all.
What is your early pregnancy symptom?See results without voting
More by this Author
Baby station Baby station refers to the relationship of the top of the baby's head or the presenting part to the level of the ischial spines. Baby station is measured by vaginal exams by your health care provider....
How to find out whether a pregnant woman has diarrhea, what causes it, what are the symptoms, and what she should eat.
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.