Eating Out Without Getting Fat
Adhering to good nutrition principles can be difficult in the modern world with so many quick fix, micronutrient poor, calorie dense foods available that accumulate to only add to the dead weight that is around your waist and burdens your health.
However, whilst many struggle to keep up a good physique when they are out of the house so often and frequently, it is far from impossible to do if you go about is smartly...
If eating out is a rare occurrence for you then by all means enjoy it and disregard this article, but if it is something you are doing on a regular basis and your physique and general health are very important to you then you might want to check out some of these tips!
- Buy a small cooler and tupperware to store your food if you are out of the house for long periods
- Green salads might not win you friends, but they will win you an awesome physique and great health, as they are packed with vitamins and minerals and sparse in calories - there are lots of great tasting ideas out there for salads (Thai Beef, Vietnamese Chicken, Mediterranean etc.)
- Consume no calories beverages – unsweetened teas are
great with Asian food (i.e. jasmine tea) – they also help increase your metabolic rate slightly
- If you want desert, fruit salads or berries with a
small serving of greek yoghurt is your best choice - all are low in calories and are rich in micronutrients (vitamins, minerals, fibre)
- Avoid loading up on bread during the entrée
- Grilled lean meats, poultry and fish are your best sources of protein
- If your meal doesn’t come with a decent amount of vegetables then ask for a salad or variety of steam vegetables
- Non-cream based soups with lots of vegetables and some meat are great choices if you're keeping a close eye on calories ( is one of my personal favourites) Thai Tom Yum Soup
- Rich, cream based sauces and fried foods tend to be very energy dense
- Avoid overconsuming calorie-ladened deserts
about how to lose weight check out this hub.
For information about how to boost your metabolism check out this hub.
Were there any staying lean whilst eating out tips I missed? Then share them with all in the comments below!
- Eat 1 serve of protein - preferably from grilled lean meat source - protein rich foods have a high satiety index
- Load up on a
variety of different vegetables/fruits - goes without saying that they're rich in micronutrients and calorie sparse
- If you want to cut calories further then use vinaigrette dressing instead of a cream based dressing, have a salad instead of a roll or burger, stick to water or unsweetened teas instead of soft drinks
- Minimise consumption of calorie-ladened deserts like ice-cream, cookies etc.
More by this Author
Learn the key qualities needed to become a monster kick of an Australian Rules footy.
Quick and Easy recipes for Tim Ferriss' Slow Carb Diet
Advice and tips on how to increase your aerobic fitness in team sports such as football, soccer, basketball, tennis, rugby or AFL.