The Elimination Weight Loss Diet-Top Ten Things to Remember (Chapter 20)
The Elimination Weight Loss Diet
The Top Ten Things to Remember about the Elimination Weight Loss Diet
1) Losing weight is a marathon, not a sprint. You didn't gain the weight overnight, so don't expect to lose it overnight. Most diets fail because the person dieting expected to lose weight too quickly and when it didn't happen, they gave up.You need motivation, determination and patience. Patience is probably the most difficult of the three.
2) A good diet should not only help you to lose weight, but it should also help you to keep it off. This simply means that it must also help you to change your eating habits so that your caloric intake exactly matches your body's requirements at your ideal (target) weight. The Elimination Weight Loss Diet gradually changes your eating habits while you are losing the weight.
3) It isn't what you eat one day a month, but rather what you eat the other 29 days that determines your weight loss If you slip up one day, either by accident or by choice, simply ignore it and return to your diet the next day. Do not weigh yourself until your next regular weekly weigh in.
4) Weigh yourself only once a week on the same day and at the same time (first thing in the morning) and record and chart your results. Your weight can vary greatly from one day to the next due to water retention. This will keep you from chasing windmills.I devote an entire chapter to this topic.
5) Eliminate snacks, junk food and eating between meals. These are empty calories. If you must snack, make it a planned snack with healthy low calorie food. Many people wonder why they can't lose weight because they only eat 2-3 small meals a day. They forget about all of the high calorie snacks that they also ate.
6) Limit your consumption of alcohol. Calories from alcohol do count and provide little or no nutritional value. In addition, alcohol tends to increase your appetite and to lessen your resolve to keep dieting.
7) Review your progress and make adjustments at least quarterly or if you do not show any weight loss over three consecutive weeks. Remember that as you lose weight your body will require less calories for maintenance. For extended weight loss programs, you may need to make additional reductions in calories several times.
8) Take into consideration any special health needs such as if you are diabetic or on a low cholesterol diet. (See your doctor for guidance.) The "elimination diet" can be modified to meet almost any health needs. I am a diabetic and I still was able to lose 125 pounds using this diet.
9) Remember to add fiber to your diet as you reduce your total daily intake of food. You may need to switch to whole grain products or to add something like an apple to your diet to maintain regularity. I learned this the hard way after several incidenses of severe constipation while dieting.
10) Losing weight and keeping it off is never easy. Instead, it is a constant struggle. Diet plans that promise that you can lose weight with little or no effort should be highly suspect.
For additional details about "The Elimination Weight loss Diet" go to:
Links to other Elimination Weight Loss Diet Hubs
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - How to Lose Weigh...
Chapter 1 of The Elimination Weight Loss Diet explains why most diets fail to help you to lose weight and to keep it off. Most diets require you to eat food that you don't like, to count calories, to weigh portions or to buy special meals. As soon as
- What Is Different About the Elimination Weight Loss ...
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - How Do I Get Star...
The Elimination Weight Loss Diet not only enables you to lose one pound a week, but it gradually modifies your eating habits so that you keep it off once you reach your target weight. Chapter 4 of The Elimination Weight Loss Diet lists the steps requ
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - Why Does It Work?...
Chapter 3 of The Elimination Weight Loss Diet explains why this diet works. There are 3500 calories in one pound of fat, so eliminating 500 calories a day eliminates 3500 calories a week or one pound of fat per week. You can repeat this process as of
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - Why Weigh Yoursel...
The Elimination Weight Loss Diet (Chapter 6) explains why you should only weigh yourself once a week, on the same day and time, wearing the same clothing. This minimizes the confusion caused by random water retention and prevents you from getting dis
- Introduction to the Elimination Weight Loss Diet - H...
The lessons learned from 60 years of dieting resulted in The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - How to lose weight and keep it off by gradually modifying your eating habits. After a brief introduction, the table of contents is listed with links to those
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - How Do I Select W...
Chapter 5 of The Elimination Weight Loss Diet tells you how to select which 500 calories to eliminate. Using a calorie book which you can access on line you can select which foods to eliminate or which portion sizes to reduce. By tracking you weight
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - Why Should I Char...
Chapter 7 of The Elimination Weight Loss Diet explains why it is best if you can chart your weight in graphical form. Studies have shown that the eye is far mor sensitive to patterns and changes when looking at a graph rather than simply reading a li
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - Exercise and Weig...
Chapter 10 of The Elimination Weight Loss Diet discusses the positive results of combining moderate exercise with dieting to improve your overall health. However, you should never try to use exercise in place of eliminating calories. When you quit ex
- The Elimination Weight Loss Diet - Stress, Smoking a...
In Chapter 18 the effect of stress on dieting is discussed in detail. High stress situations, such as losing your job, losing a loved one or trying to stop smoking make it extremely difficult to diet too. The best plan is to suspend dieting until the
Weight Watcher Scales
More by this Author
How to make my mother's homemade potato dumplings with bacon and onions (we just called them kluski). You literaly can't stop eating them. Grated potatoes are mixed with flour and a little salt and dropped with a spoon...
Unlike American potato salad, which is normally made with salad dressing or mayo, German potato salad (kartoffelsalat) is usually made with a warm, sweet-sour bacon dressing. The exception is in northern Germany, where...
Sichuan has more beef dishes than most other Chinese provences and their spicy beef stew is considered to be comfort food. Made with star anise, Sichuan peppercorns and chili bean sauce it is slowly simmered until you...