Fatigue comes in various forms. Whatever your type, you will find there are ways to find some relief.
- Difficult people. Spending time with them can be emotionally draining. Cut down the time you spend with them. All you have to do is stand up when Mr. Nasty approaches you, so you can walk away with the excuse that you have got something else to do. If you’re forced to spend time with the person – a difficult teen or your boss – take short breaks to give yourself space. Some difficult persons will always speak phrases which irritate you. They would poke their noses in your family matters and actually dictate things to change the family matters. Distance yourself from these no-gooders.
- Negative people. Negativity is contagious. If you are stuck with one, acknowledge the attitude and remind yourself that this is a destructive and draining point of view, which you don’t have to entertain in your mind.
- Relationships. If you live with a difficult/negative person avoid arguing over small things. Examine the dispute and ask “What can be done to solve this issue here?”. If dealing with it does not get you anywhere, let it go and remain calm. Try to negotiate solutions, give each other space to chill out. Set a time to talk calmly and productively. You will have more energy to spend on the things you enjoy together.
- Decision making. If you find this difficult, you are either a perfectionist or indecisive. In both cases, you will be tormented with doubt and self – blame. When faced with a problem give yourself a fifteen – minute time frame. When faced with a heart-to-heart chat with yourself, make up your mind and forget about it.
- Emotional burden. It is time to shed insecurity burdens from your back and move on. Recognize the root of the condition, express out feelings with a loved one. List out all your talents and allow yourself to use them. Start having fun.
- Boredom. This is the illness of the rich, the retired, the stuck-in-the-rut. Set aside time to rescue yourself from the “life’s not worth living” feeling. Load yourself with stimulation, laughter, excitement, fun and a group of positive-thinking friends.
- Brain drain. Mental exhaustion affects workaholics- even children. The first symptoms are poor timing and forgetfulness. You become short tempered and snappy. Your disposition becomes stale and your work deteriorates. Your mind continues to work overtime, even when you need to be relaxing. Recharge yourself by doing something else – a routine physical chore, a game, a chat on the phone.
- Illness. If your health is low, your energy level sinks too. Eye-strain, anemia, low or high blood pressure, bad posture, a poorly functioning thyroid could be a few of the possible causes. So consult your doctor.
- Crisis in family: If a family member is going through a critical bend in his or her personal life, like a failure in examination or a break up in personal relationship, there would be lots of suggestions coming in from irritating persons. These are hard-core energy robbers. You must avoid their company. They are gossip-mongers too.
More by this Author
Paya dish is a very delicious recipe made from goat or lamb legs and relished at homes as well as in restaurants. Here I have given the recipe of Paya dish as it is prepared in Bohra kitchens in India.
This hub is about tobacco which is a silent killer and it should not be consumed. Tobacco is very harmful to our body and it causes many forms of diseases in the consumer.
Gakhar is a Mughlai Bread made of wheat flour and consumed with vegetarian or non-vegetarian curried dishes.