Everything About Apples. Check it Out!
This time I’ll write about apple. I think we all know this fruit very well. There are many types of apples and all of them good for our health. Apples are fruits that easily found in various parts of the world. There are approximately seven thousand kinds of apples around the world. I heard that people began to grew apples in Central Asia. Although the shape, size, color, flavor, and texture of each type of apples are different, but in general this fruit looks the same. The flesh is white, crisp, juicy with sweet or sour taste, and is protected by a thin skin that is usually colored shiny. When it cut off, there’s a smell fragrant though there are some that smelled sharply. An apple contains a lot of potassium, pectin, and cellulose. Pectin is widely available on the apple flesh and is one of the fiber is not soluble in water. While cellulose is widely available in apple fruit skin is water soluble fiber. Potassium itself is widely available on the red apples. Please continue to read.........
The benefit of apples is amazing, because this fruit contains vitamin, mineral, fiber and rich of antioxidant. Every 100 grams of apples contain: 58.00 cal energy, 0.20 g protein, 0.40 fat, 14.90 carbohydrates, 6.00 mg calcium, 10.00 mg phosphorus, 0.70 g fiber, 1.30 mg iron, 24.00 RE vitamin A, 0.04 mg Vitamin B1, 0.03 mg Vitamin B2, 5.00 mg Vitamin C, 0.10 mg Niacin.
- Rich of vitamin: some of vitamin contents in apples such as; vitamin A, vitamin B1, vitamin B2, vitamin B3, vitamin B5, vitamin B6, vitamin B9, vitamin C.
- Rich in minerals. Apples contain many minerals. Minerals in apple fruit include calcium, magnesium, potassium, iron, and zinc.
- Phytochemicals. Phytochemicals are antioxidants to fight free radicals that come from pollution or the environment. This substance has function to suppress the amount of bad cholesterol (LDL) that can cause blockage of blood vessels.
- Rich in Fiber. Apples are rich in fiber, so it is good for people who are in diet program. This substance prevents hunger which comes more quickly. It’s good to reduce fat and cholesterol as well.
- Tannins. Tannins are substances that serve to clean and refreshing the mouth, thus preventing tooth decay and gum disease.
- Baron. What is baron? Baron serves to maintain the amount of estrogen in the woman body.
- Flavoid. One of the good content of apple fruit to prevent disease is flavoid. Flavoid is a substance that functions reduce cancer risk.
- D-glucaric acid. What is D-glucaric acid? D-glucaric acid is a substance that can lower cholesterol levels. D-glucaric acid is also present in apples.
- Quercetin. Quercetin is a substance needed to raise levels of antioxidants that the body feels healthier and prevent various diseases. Apple contain this substance.
- Tartaric Acid. This substance is capable of killing bacteria in the digestive tract.
The benefit of apples for health, like:
- Strengthen bones. French researchers found that the flavonoids contained or phloridzin in apple fruit is useful for increasing bone density. Borax, which is another substance contained in apples is also benefit for strengthening bones. Study was conducted to women entering the menopausal period proved to be protected from osteoporosis
- Preventing Alzheimer's. A study conducted on mice at Cornell University found that the quercetin in apples protects brain cells from free radical damage that can caused to Alzheimer's disease.
- Lowering cholesterol. Research suggests that apples have high enough levels of quercetin. High levels of quercetin can increase the levels of antioxidants in the blood. This substance can reduce cholesterol levels (LDL), which can damage blood flow. Pectin in apples has function in lowering LDL (bad cholesterol). Two people who eat an apple every day can lower cholesterol as much as 16%.
- Prevent lung cancer. According to a study of 10,000 people, people who consume more apples had a 50% lower risk of lung cancer. Researchers believe this was caused of the high flavonoids, quercetin, and naringin in apples.
- Prevent breast cancer. A study at Cornell University found that rats who ate one apple every day can reduce the risk of breast cancer about 17%. Rats which ate three apples per day reduced their risk of breast cancer by 39% and those who ate six apples per day can reduce cancer by 44%.
- Prevention of colon cancer. A study found that rats fed an extract of apple skins can reduce of colon cancer risk about 43%. Other studies have shown that the pectin in apples reduces the risk of colon cancer and maintain a healthy digestive system
- Prevention of liver cancer. A study showed that rats fed an apple skin extract may reduce the risk of liver cancer by 57%.
- Diet program. A research found that women who ate three apples each day during the diet the result is better than people who follow a diet program but without eating an apple.
- Reduce the risk of stroke. Potassium is a mineral that serves to increase the regularity of heart rate, activating muscle contractions, regulate the delivery of nutrients to the cells, control fluid balance in the body's tissues and cells, and helps regulate blood pressure. According to research, a serving of apples can reduce the risk of stroke about 40%.
- Alternative food for diabetes. Pectin inside apple is also able to slow the entry of glucose from carbohydrates into the bloodstream. So it can control diabetes.
- Reduce the risk of heart attack. According to the study, levels of pectin in apples may lower LDL cholesterol content by 10% and lower HDL cholesterol content by 20%, which are both a cause of heart attacks.
- Cleaning the teeth. Crisp of apple can help remove the sticky material on the teeth, as well as triggering salivation, so as to clean the teeth.
- Diabetes. One medium sized apple. Split into four sections and then boiled with 3-4 glasses until boiling and left about 2 cups. Drink this every morning and evening regularly.
- Healing cardiac constriction. Ingredients: one sweet apple, 1 tbsp cinnamon powder, 1 tbsp pure honey. Apples are washed until clean. Blend with cinnamon powder into blender, mix a little honey and drink this 2 times a day.
- Face mask. Make a puree from a half of Apple and mix with rice flour, a little honey and lemon juice. Make sure the dough up like a paste. Wash face and apply the mask on your face. Allow about 20 to 30 minutes. Then wash with cold water.
- Simple recipe for cough. Wash an apple and cut into 4 sections. Put the pieces in the pan and steam for about 10 until 15 minutes over the medium heat. Eat this while warm together with the skin.
Batu, the city of apple
Batu is a city in East Java province, Indonesia. The town is located 15 km west of the Malang city, my home town. Batu city is situated at an altitude of 680-1200 meters above sea level with average air temperature 15-19 Celsius degrees. Batu is called as the city of apple. Apple as the symbol of this city and we can find a Big apple (building with apple shape) at the centre of Batu city. There are many tourism places at Batu city. One of the famous tourist attractions is “apple picking tour”. We can pick the fresh apple from the tree during the tour around the resort. We can go to the “Kusuma Agrowisata”. We can also find others fruit plantations, like: strawberries, guava, and oranges, as well as the outbound area.
Apple as the icon of "Batu City"
Picking apple tour
Various products from Apple
There are many ways to process the apples into a business idea. For example, we can find various apple products in Batu city. Start from apple cider vinegar, apple wine, apple jam, apple chips, etc. So, we can change apples into something more useful and make money as well.
Vacuum frying machine to make an apple chips
Vacuum frying machine is a machine for making various fruit and vegetable chips with a vacuum system. With this fruit drying machine, you can make mango chips, melon chips, pineapple chips, jackfruit chips, papaya chips, etc. How it works? Fresh apples fried in vacuum frying machine with medium oil. Heating cooking oil can be set at low temperatures). Frying temperature automatically controlled (80-85 degrees Celsius). With low temperature, the apple chip does not burn, so the colors looks like original. The benefits by use vacuum frying, like: the nutrients are not lost, the color does not change and does not burn, frying naturally (without the addition of colorants and flavorings), apple chips are so crunchy and delicious.
The biggest apple in the world
This is not only the largest apple, but also the heaviest apple can be eaten. This apple was grown by a man from Hirosaki City, Japan. His name is Chisato Iwasaki. He picked this apple on October 24, 2005. This apple has weight about 1,8 kilograms (4 pounds, 1 ounce). Please enjoy the picture below!
Please enjoy all apple recipes below!
you can also read:
More by this Author
This private jets usually equipped with super-luxurious furniture according the owner's taste. Which makes the journey of these super-rich people feel comfortable.
From the 60 countries which have winter season. Only several countries have beautiful scenery when the snow comes.
The first time I never thought that Russia has many beautiful tourism places to visit. Russia is a country which stretches along Eastern Europe and northern Asia.