Evian Spelled Backward is Naïve!
99% Pure Water Every Time! Guaranteed!
The Brita Pitcher removes chlorine, lead, copper, mercury, cadmium, and benzine from your drinking water.
Your Tap Water is Safe! Brita Makes It Safer!
Brita! Simply the Best!
The Pur Alternative
Brita is a single, simple, affordable step that greatly reduces your ecological footprint!
Bottled drinking water is completely unnecessary. The reason bottled water exists is so that big companies like Coca-Cola, Nestle, and others can make even more money off the public than they already are. In the process, they waste energy and resources, pollute the environment in both the production of and the eventual disposal of plastic bottles, and pull the wool over the eyes of the public.
The notion that we must buy bottled water to get pure drinking water is one of the biggest hoaxes ever perpetrated on the public. First off, pure water is a human right, not a privilege. As such, our water supply is monitored by the Environmental Protection Agency and held to some pretty high standards. Yes, chemicals are used to kill dangerous germs and bacteria in the water supply, and there may be some metals present that you would prefer not to have. But all-in-all, our drinking water from taps is usable. There are no regulations on the purity of bottled water. It is often nothing more than tap water put into a bottle. A lot of times it is not anywhere near as safe and pure as tap water.
It is true that the chemicals in tap water can be harmful in the long run. For this reason, it is a good idea to treat tap water to remove the chemicals. The best way to do this, in my opinion, is with a simple, affordable filtration pitcher like Brita or Pur.
Over 10 years ago, I did in-store demonstrations for the Brita water pitcher, and I have been selling it ever since - not for money! I just promote it anytime I have the chance because I have been using the Brita pitcher that the Brita Company gave me for the demonstrations continuously for these 10+ years, and I am extremely happy with it.
A dozen advantages of using the Brita pitcher:
- Initial cost is very affordable - between $10 and $20
- The filter removes 99% of chemicals and metals from the water every single time you use it guaranteed.
- Filters can last for up to 3 months and are inexpensive to replace.
- You do not have to haul heavy bottles of water around.
- You do not have to store heavy bottles of water.
- You do not have to dispose of plastic bottles.
- You conserve the energy that is used in the production of throwaway plastic bottles.
- You save space in the landfill.
- You vote with your wallet by not supporting mega-corporations that are fleecing you by selling you something you just don't need and all the while attempting to gain control of world water supplies.
- You save a ton of money! Bottled water costs as much as or more than gasoline. Brita water costs about fifty cents a gallon, all-told.
- Brita water tastes excellent and improves the flavor of coffee, tea, frozen juices, and anything you cook with it.
- You set an example of mindfulness, resourcefulness and independence for those around you.
In my opinion, using the Brita pitcher and your own reusable water bottle is the single most effective simple change you can make to your every day life to reduce your ecological footprint. In all fairness, I think the Pur pitcher is just about the same, but I love Brita, and I will stick with it!
Copyright: SuzanneBennett; November 14, 2008
Coolers in many sizes and prices...
Durable and Affordable Water Bottles
Taking Pure Drinking Water Along
Boycotting bottled water is the single most powerful choice an individual can make for the planet and for our independence from corporate domination. The water that comes from water fountains is drinkable. It's better to filter it, but if you can't, it certainly will not kill you to quench your thirst with it when you are out. Support your public utilities. You are already paying for them.
Carrying plastic or aluminum containers in your car is a good way to create your own contaminated water. Hot plastic leaches carcinogens and hot aluminum leaches aluminum (a possible cause of Alzheimer's Disease).
Fill a reusable stainless steel container with fresh water (and ice) for every person each and every time you leave the house. Take a cooler with you. It's a bit of trouble, but it is INCREDIBLY beneficial to you, the environment, and society.
By taking this little bit of effort to make a big difference, you are teaching your children and those around you, by example, that respect for the planet, ourselves and others is simply a matter of course in a mindful life.
(Added 5/10/11 SB)
Look at this cute video and checkout this great website!
- How to Shame Friends into Giving Up Bottled Water | General Green Living | Howcast.com
How to Shame Friends into Giving Up Bottled Water. Learn how to shame friends into giving up bottled water with these tips.
- Filter For Good and Help the Environment With Brita!
The FilterForGood campaign is a movement to raise awareness of the simple changes everyone can make to live healthful, eco-friendly lives, like staying hydrated with filtered water and using a reusable bottle instead of bottled water.
Nestle CEO Seeks to Control the World’s Water Supply
- Nestle CEO Seeks to Control the World's Water Supply | World Truth.TV
There are many good reasons to boycott Nestle (such as use of actual slave labor and pushing women in starving nations to feed their babies Nestle formula instead of breast milk) but this is reason #1!
The Story Of Bottled Water Step-By-Step
- See what researchers found when they tested a bottle of Fiji Water against a glass of tap water.
Bottled water destroys the planet from start to finish all the while robbing We the People blind! Support your local public utility! Boycott ALL bottled water!
Nestle CEO Peter Brabeck implies that the world's water will soon come under the control of corporations like his.
More by this Author
If you were around in 1974, you may remember Euell Gibbons giving us this sage bit of advice in a cereal commercial! Well, darned if he wasn't right! It turns out that pine bark extract is not only edible, it is simply...
I have just learned about chlorella, and I have to say, I am impressed. It seems to be just what I am looking for to simplify my daily supplements and meet my nutritional needs. Chlorella is a fresh water...
An overview of simple, common-sense care for box turtles as pets or backyard denizens.