Exercises for people with limited mobility (Example broken foot)
Hey guys! I recently broke my foot (3 mths ago) and found I was getting very depressed thinking about all the extra pounds I would gain. After much research and trial and error I have compiled a 45 minute routine that avoids utilizing your feet. I do this workout 3 times a week. Enjoy~
- Scissors - Lie on your back with your feet up in the air, open and close your leegs as if they are scissors. (25 reps).
- Bicycle - Sit with your butt on the floor and lift your legs as if you are on a bicycle, go forward and back pretending that you are peddling. (25 reps forward and 25 back).
- Toes to the ceiling Lie on your back with your heels together facing the ceiling, with your arms by your sides, palms flat on floor, slowly lift your butt and raise your toes to the ceiling (25 reps).
- Side Ab Punch -Sit on you mat with your knees up in the air slightly bent. Your feet should be facing the wall and legs with a little bend at the knee(feet not touching the ground). Make a fist with your hands and tap the floor on the right by your right hip, repeat with your left side. (25 reps)
Legs And Buttocks
Legs and Buttocks
- Leg Lift- Lay on your side with your head resting in your hand. Legs should be one stacked on top of the other. Slowly lift your leg while flexing your toe. Pretend you are fighting a wall..this allows you to flex your muscle and create weight. (25 reps)
- Glute hold- Lying on your back with your hands by your sides, slowy lift your butt off the floor with your feet shoulder with apart. Squeeze your buttocks and hold for 5 seconds. (25 reps).
- Weighted knee lift - Kneel on your mat on all fours. Place a weight in the back of your knee and lift your foot to your buttocks. Be sure to keep your leg steady and hands flat to the ground. You must squeeze the weight to control it. Do both legs. (25 reps).
- Chest press- Lie on the ground on your back. Hold (about 5-10 pds to start) weights side by side (ends touching) above your chest in your hands and slowly raise down to your chest. Hold for 5 seconds at bottom.
- Open Chest Fly - Lie on back and hold weights up with hands straight above chest, weights side by side (ends touching) and open arms bringing hands to the ground (as if hugging a bear). Make sure not to stretch too far...your hands should end up level with your chest.
- Tricep Bend - Lie on back and oustretch hands with weights directly above head. Bend elbows back toward head without moving elbows. If elbows hurt, you are using too much weight, lower the weight and up the reps. This will work your triceps.
This total body workout should hold you over until you can get back to yourself!
Please feel free to contact me for more exercises.
Exercises you can do in your bed!
- Lose Weight Tips And Advice
When each of my babies where born I weighed 103 going in the hospital before delivery and 95 after the first one, coming home after delivery ten days later, 93 with the second; so I think that gives me...