Eyecare and homeopathy
Homeopathic treatment for your eyes!
When you look at a person, what do you look at first? Obviously, eyes! Also when you speak to someone, you do not feel that the conversation is fruitful unless you have good eye contact with that person. No wonder experts always give high priority to eyes when it comes to personal well-being. No one likes haggard, dull-looking eyes that reflect the internal ill-health. And therefore, one should take appropriate care of their eyes and enjoy various colors of life!
Why homeopathic medicines are said to be very effective in dealing with eye problems?
Homeopathy is the holistic mode of treatment that treats the person as a whole and not merely his external manifestation. Therefore, when there is some problem with the eye (unless it is local injury problem), homeopathy believes that it is due to some internal malady that is reflecting through your eyes. Therefore, detailed history of patient is taken even if he has problem only pertaining to eyes. This is the reason the person feels at par with the surroundings after homeopathic treatment, along with curing his eye problem.
Eye problems that can be dealt efficiently with homeopathy:
(1) Seasonal eye allergies: with the increasing pollution, many people develop watering of eyes, itchy eyelids, blurred vision, conjunctivitis, and/or eye pain. These types of problems may also enhance due to seasonal variations in some. In these people, homeopathic medicines help restore the bodily immunity against such allergens and help cure such eye problems permanently. Even certain homeopathic eye drops also help one get soothing sensation after a harsh day at work.
(2) Cataracts: Homeopathic medicines are extremely useful in halting the progress of cataract and to some extent revert it. Therefore, those people who have just started developing cataract should immediately consult a homeopath to avoid hassles of surgery later on.
(3) Eye injuries: Homeopathic medicines are useful not only for external manifestations of internal disease, but are also effective in dealing with external eye injuries. Especially homeopathic medicines deal really well in blows over the eyes (injuring soft tissues around), head injury leading to eye problems, presence of foreign body in eyes or mere sensation of foreign body, and bleeding from eyes.
(4) Glaucoma and vision loss: homeopathic constitutional remedies help relieve glaucoma and vision loss to a great extent. Even cases are seen where the blood flow is re-established in the blocked ophthalmic arteries. Obviously an expert homeopath is must for treating such problems.
(5) New-age eye problems: strained eyes due to staring at computer screen, driving in polluted air, eye strain due to delicate works like sewing or repairing some small machine parts, etc, can be cured by aptly chosen homeopathic remedies.
Homeopathic eye-medicines for home use:
Arnica is your remedy for pain in eyes due to injury or any bruising in and around eyes. Similarly Aconite can be used for first stages of injury when the inflammation is not yet localized. Also it is useful for foreign body sensation in the eyes. Symphytum is another remedy that helps one get cured of soft tissue injury around eyes or black eye. Ruta graviolens is the new-age remedy for all those computer strained eyes and headaches.
Remember your eyes are special. Caring about them with homeopathic medicines will make you special as a person! When you look at a person, what do you look at first? Obviously, eyes! Also when you speak to someone, you do not feel that the conversation is fruitful unless you have good eye contact with that person. No wonder experts always give high priority to eyes when it comes to personal well-being. No one likes haggard, dull-looking eyes that reflect the internal ill-health. And therefore, one should take appropriate care of their eyes and enjoy various colors of life!
More by this Author
Pain in low back associated with pain in the posterior aspect of thigh down the leg is termed as sciatica. Many times the pain travels past the knee until feet. Many times, it is also associated with the weakness of...