Fat Loss Secret - We Are All Looking For That Secret!
Fat Loss Secret - Are We Doomed To Ask It All The Time?
Don't we all wish there was a "magic" Fat Loss Secret that will make the pounds simply disappear? If only we can swallow a pill or drink a tea and lose those bulges! We all keep looking for it without any success!
Unfortunately things are just not that simple. Losing weight is unfortunately hard work and you have to keep at it if you want to see permanent results. For any permanent weight loss a healthy lifestyle is the only option.
So, if there is no "magic" Fat Loss Secret, what is the secret then? This is an easy question to answer:
- Realistic goals
- A healthy and balanced diet
- Moderate exercise
Some Help, Maybe?
Could it be that the magic "weight loss" pill is with us?
A very important fat loss secret is setting realistic goals. So often people set themselves up for failure by setting unrealistic goals. Do not think you will motivate yourself by buying a dress several sizes smaller than you are wearing now. You will only make yourself lose hope and give up.
Losing weight is a long term process and you cannot expect to lose 20 pounds in one week. By setting realistic goals, and working towards them constantly, you will achieve success. Remember, you also have to keep your basic build in mind. No weight loss program in the world can change your basic bone structure. Keep this in mind when you set your goals and make peace with it. A healthy and balanced diet: The importance of this cannot be stressed too much. No good can come of a fad diet. It will be impossible to keep up a diet for a long period if your body's basic nutritional needs a re not met. Malnutrition will make you tired, sluggish and ill. This will only result in your giving up your weight loss efforts.
What constitutes a healthy and well balanced diet?
- Do not cut out carb completely. Eat al least 5 small portions of carbohydrate rich foods a day. If possible, keep it to whole grain cereals, fresh veggies such as potatoes and legumes such as dry beans.
- Eat at least 5 portions of vegetables a day. Make sure you are eating a good "mix" every day. It is wise to try and include at least one green and one yellow vegetable each day. Beware of vegetables that contain a lot of starch such as peas. These are best included as part of your carbs. Pig out on low calorie vegetables such as lettuce, cucumber, tomatoes etc. These veggies are often referred to as "free" vegetables as it is impossible to eat too many of them. I once heard that you will have to eat more than a ton of mushrooms to gain any weight from them! A word of caution though, do not add calories with your cooking methods. It is best to steam your vegetables and flavor them with lemon juice and herbs.
- Eat at least 3 small portions of fruit a day. Even though most fruit contains a lot of sugar, they also contain valuable nutrients so cutting out fruit completely is not a good idea. Substituting fruit juice for fruit is not a good idea as you need the fiber in the fruit and it is also more filling to prevent you from over eating.
- Do not cut out dairy products completely. Eat at least 2 portions of fat free dairy product a day. This includes milk taken in coffee and tea.
- As your body needs fat to absorb the fat soluble vitamins, you must eat at least 3 small portions of fat a day. Use these in your food preparation or to spread on your bread.
- Proteins are essential for building muscle and maintaining the muscles your body has. Depending on your lifestyle, what kind of exercise you do and weather you are a male or female, you need at least 3 small portions of protein a day. Men need more. If you do a lot of exercise, especially resistance training, you will also need a little more protein.
- It is best to cut out alcohol completely when you are trying to lose weight. Alcohol contains a lot of "empty" calories that you need for healthy food and alcohol lowers your resistance increasing the possibility that you may "cheat."
Your next fat loss secret is moderate exercise. I have to stress the moderate. over exercising brings a whole new set of problems. You do not need to join a gym for this. There are lots of ways that you can incorporate moderate exercise in your daily activities.
- Walk whenever it is possible.
- Never drive or take a bus or train if it is possible to walk.
- Always climb the stairs instead of using the elevator if it is at all possible.
- Carrying heavy packages after your shopping can double up as resistance training.
- Kicking a ball with the can serve a double purpose, spending quality time with the kids and getting some exercise.
- Doing your chores energetically can also help you burn a little fat.
- Gardening is great exercise if you love gardening.
These are only a few of the many ways you can incorporate exercise in your daily life. If you want to, of course, joining a gym is always a good idea and it can be a good motivator.
On the other hand, if you incorporate exercise in your daily routine, without having to go out and "workout" as such, you may find it easier to stick to.
The value of motivation can never be underestimated. I really think motivation is the biggest fat loss secret there can possibly be. Set yourself small goals and reward yourself with a non-food reward when you reach each goal. Having a friend, that is on a weight loss diet as well, can also be a great motivator. You can encourage each other. It is important though, never to compare your weight loss. People differ and no two people will ever lose the same amount of weight, even if they eat the identical diet.
Perseverance is another very important fat loss secret. For real and permanent results you will have to have a little saying power. You have to realize that you will have to work at it if you are to be successful. This, of course, depends on the amount of weight you have to lose. Obviously if you only have to lose a few vanity ponds it can be achieved in a relatively short period. On the other hand, if you need to lose a lot of weight, you are going to have to realize that it is going to take time and that it is going to take perseverance. The end result will be reward enough, that, I can promise you!
This, in a nutshell, is the best secret you will get as a fat loss secret.
The latest research are looking at the dangers of a high-carb diet. There are quite a few really compelling arguments for it. I think it is worth looking into.
Recovering From Weight Loss Setbacks
Recovering From Weight Loss Setbacks. It happens to each of us at least once on our weight loss journey. We go on vacation and live a little only to come back and step on the scale. When we do, we’ve gained back some weight and are disappointed. Or, you could be an emotional eater who is going through a personal crisis that results in added pounds.
1. Forgive yourself:
The next step is the most important one. The choice is between struggling to recover and continuing to slide back into old habits. Before the choice is made, we must realize something about ourselves. It’s okay to slip up. Forgive yourself and forget that it ever happened.
2. We all have our setbacks:
Setbacks are a part of weight loss and any kind of goal we set in life. There has yet to be a time when everything in our life went according to plan. If it did happen for you, you need to write a book and let the rest of us off the hook. Assuming that it has not, it is something that we must learn to deal with or it will crush us to dust.
3. Find our what caused the problem:
If you wisely choose to struggle and recover, try to discover what caused the setback in the first place. The answer will help you not to repeat the same pattern again. A common cause of setbacks in weight loss is emotional eating. Unfortunately, you don’t find out that you are an emotional eater until you get emotional and begin to eat.
4. The problem with emotional eating:
It is not normal eating. Emotional eaters eat to relieve stress. You don’t have to be hungry. The act of eating something that pleases you releases those same “feel good” endorphins as exercise. It’s a cruel joke, I know, but there it is. The trick is to pinpoint emotional eating before you’ve gained too much weight.
5. Accentuate the positive in you:
Struggling is not pleasant for anyone. As you battle back, your mind may tell you that you messed up. Learn to ignore it by replacing that negative feedback with positive words of encouragement. Accentuate the positive things about yourself. Are you a star on your job? Tell yourself how good you are at what you do. If you have kids, bask in the knowledge that you are a great mom or dad.
6. Get a weight loss partner:
Take on a partner. This person can be trying to lose weight also. They will be charged with telling you the truth and not just what you want to hear. You will do the same for them. By pointing out the good attributes of someone else, you will learn to do it for yourself.
Weight loss is a lifelong process. Even when you lose the weight, you must work to maintain that loss and continue to be healthy and fit. Don’t give up so early in the game. Learn to deal with setbacks and get on with working towards your weight loss goals.
More by this Author
When making cards and other crafts that use pressed flowers, one has two options. You can buy flowers that are already pressed, or you can press your own. While buying pressed flowers can save you some time, the costs...
Looking at a homemade water filtration using charcoal and sand can be a very good way to get clear, clean house water. As the need for clean water grows so will the need for water filters. Making a Homemade Charcoal...
Here are some top tips on how to lose leg fat.