Finding Happiness in Every Thing We Do
Nuggets of Happiness
I've been thinking about owning a blog spot on Finding Happiness before I completed this hub. My prayers were answered in due time.
My friend, who's an IT (Information Technology) specialist, sent me a personal message on Facebook regarding the sub-domain of our high school batch site which he is maintaining.
He offered of making an appropriate blogspot on my articles on HubPages with a content of 'happiness' in each hub.
True enough, happy thoughts poured in as some of my ideas surfaced on the hubs that I'm making, just like what I thought it should be.
I've read a lot of happy thoughts from other hubbers and those who frequent social media sites, posting messages of happiness (Bible quotations and personal experiences) that inspired others to continue contributing good deeds to make this world a happy place to live with.
Happy thoughts on childhood
My happiness during childhood exceeded bad memories, although there were always happy thoughts each day I woke up in the morning.
My vivid memories brought me again to the times when:
- I used to interpret things with red color as sweet!
- I imagined every shapes I can form with the clouds that I've seen.
- Radio was the most treasured thing in the house.
- Saturdays and Sundays were rest days. and of course Church day.
- I used to chase dragon flies together with my sisters and brothers.
- Listening to music records were through vinyls and cassette tapes.
- Collecting duck eggs was the most exciting activity before breakfast in the morning.
- My parents will always bring goodies from the city.
- The river was the main route to travel when going the nearest city.
- Playing with shadow reflected by the light of kerosene lamp was awesome!
These were some of those happy moments that continue stirring my memories. I still have some of the vinyl records my deceased father left me, although I had to replace the player. I did bought a new one to enjoy these records of yesteryear.
The School as source of happiness
I was a small boy when I entered first grade in elementary. I was bullied several times, but it never stopped me from being happy.
School life made me happy because:
- I can play with my classmates and learn new local games.
- I can read lots of books. I usually borrowed books.
- I was absorbing lots of new ideas and knowledge from my teachers.
- I gained much confidence by way of socializing and teaching slow learners to catch up with the Row 1 classmates.
- I represented the school in Quiz Bee and singing talent show.
When I went to the city for high school life,
- So many books and encyclopedia to be read; I frequent the library to read books each night. What a blast to learn something new from it!!!
- Gaining friends and creating group of friends for life. They're still there when I needed for support.
- Learning all the subjects, English, Mathematics, Science, Social Studies, even vocational skills were enjoyable to accomplish.
- I kept a balanced life, from academic, curricular activities and of course the most important in high school life, to have crushes and steady girlfriend.
- My high school performance gave me an scholarship during college. I was happy that made my parents proud, although they silently celebrated for what I accomplished during this stage of my life.
College life was a serious one:
- I was happy to be part of the local talents in the radio.
- Juggling my time between studies and my radio stint was a sacrifice. The experience made another fulfillment within me and my family as well.
- Having a serious relationship made a complication with my priorities. Rivalry prompted me to let her go. The love episode was still a happy one for me. We can still straight in the eyes and be friends with my college girlfriend, who's also enjoying her family life.
The School is an extension of our home. I cannot help but show my true colors based from my orientation at home. Parents should really nurture and train their children to become productive individuals. Home trainings will be the best foundation to start the JOURNEY with thousand steps to find that Happiness.
Career and Family Life
- Where does the quest led me? I was happy to inspire others through radio. Our local radio soaps or dramas drew more listeners that made us number 1 during official radio surveys. This meant more national and local commercials coming and an added monetary bonuses for us.
- Closing my radio life, momentarily, seafaring opened a wider outlook in life. Peoples from different parts of the world also search what I've been looking for: Happiness!!!
- It's still an open option. My serious relationship left me a vacuum that I continue to mend.
- My priority today is to be a support for my widowed mother and a deaf-mute sister. That's what makes me happy for now.
Can I call it serious happiness?
My life will be in full circle if I truly accomplish all these at the prime of my existence. What more could I ask for from God but to spread the sunshine through Happiness. There's no other befitting tribute but to thank Him for the blessings that I am receiving. Trials are challenges that I must overcome.
A closure to each chapter will not hinder the happy moments that emanate from it to stay alive in my heart and mind.
Happiness with Friends, Neighbors and Strangers
- There is no better love that to lay down your life for a friend. Can I do it? Can you? I mean, literally and physically, I once volunteered for a kidney transplant for my friend on the radio. I was hushed by one of our colleague, because they doubted my health because of my frail body frame. A family relative was an option but to no avail.
- Loving my neighbor. This is not the usual adjacent house occupants, but friends, family and work colleagues where you have personal attachments. Hatred should never be a bottom line or even grudge whenever misunderstanding occur. A heart-to-heart talk will eliminate doubts once you open yourself in trusting other people again.
- Helping Strangers. Don't talk to strangers. Parents used to warn their children about unknown persons that they'll meet on their way to school and home. It helps all the times to avoid being kidnap or abused by crazy individuals. As for me, being a grown-up; it's inevitable helping elderly people cross the streets or give directions to lost strangers. In our barrio, a thirsty stranger can have a fill of cold, fresh water if you'll give them a hand.
TRUST is one of the virtues that an individual must possess to find Happiness in every thing that he'll/she'll do each day as it comes.
Humans have streaks of goodness in their hearts. Amid the troubles, abuses and sufferings in life that we must face, we will triumph in the end because we know that there's always be happiness at the end of the road.
Don't loose hope. With humility, kindness and trust within us, the fulfillment will come in handy. Then we can ask ourselves, are we happy?
Happy by Michael Jackson c/oMIDSOCrules
More by this Author
Health is synonymous with beauty. What's inside of your body will reflect on your physical appearance. Have you heard of Colon Cleansing? This is the most-sought-after remedy to clean your tummy. Find out how.
Sweaty and dark underarms are but a shame to most women. It's okay for men, but it seems they are feeling the same thing, too. With some cosmetic enhancement, you can raise your arms without worrying of those dark...
Water Bonsai is the latest fad in home gardening. The beautiful twist is that you can grow the saplings of your choice inside your home due to a technology initiated by a Filipino inventor, Edwin dela Torre.