How to Survive the Winter Blues - 5 Simple Tips
Beating the Winter Blues
1. Do something just for Fun - Life can be tough for many people with the economic climate we live in, and the need to watch what we spend. Winter can be such a drag, especially if you are sick, lonely, living away from home or short on cash. But there are some simple ways to enjoy your time and not blow the budget. Grab some dvd's some munchies and have a few friends over for a sleepover; host a coffee and gelato desert night;or a mocktail and nibbles night; go window shopping or op shopping with a friend or take in some flea markets where there are always treasures to be found. Watch your favorite movie or re read your favorite book. Take time to smell the roses, literally, finding roses that have a scent can be challenging so grow your own.Focusing on something lovely, pretty or beautiful can lift spirit's when down.
2. Enjoy your Relationships - use this time to focus on your relationships. Family and friends are what make the world go around better, and sometimes a simple text or email message of encouragement, a thank you card, a small gift in the mail or taking that special someone out for coffee,a drink, brunch or lunch doesn't have to be an expensive exercise. So too is taking an elderly family member or friend for a walk or outing.Writing a note to your children to tell them how much you love them can be an invaluable keepsake for them in years to come.
And if you are lucky enough to have grandchildren, enjoying life's simple pleasures together such as a going on a trip to a park can be immensely rewarding for both of you. It is easy to neglect appreciating the people you love, so this can be a very rewarding experience and a productive way to use some time.
3. Spring Clean Early - and I don't just mean clean out your cupboards. A clean out of your body mind and soul can be beneficial to a healthy life. A simple detox program; a yoga or pilate class; tai chi exercises or a meditation class can bring perspective back into your life and rejuvinate your thinking.
4. Start a new Hobby/Project/Course - Is there something that you have always wanted to do and have never got around to it. You don't have to wait to go out to enroll in a course. That's what youtube is for. You can just about learn anything online these days. Anything from learning to knit, sing, play the piano to restoring and covering furniture to cooking is covered and easy to learn online. Give it a go you will be surprised what is available.
5. Learn to Relax - Taking the time to catch a sunrise or sunset; Go for a walk by the beach or forest; Take a relaxing boat/ferry ride can help to de stress; Watch a favorite movie, preferably uplifting; Have a massage; Read a good book; Find something to laugh about and laugh a lot, it helps everything.
There are a ton of simple, inexpensive ways to beat cold gloomy Winter days, some of these may help.
- Cool Weather Arrived - Stay Hot with this Quick and ...
Winter need not be a time where we eat high calorie, high carbs and high fat foods. Beat the bulge this winter and try this fresh, tasty, healthy soup.It will surprise you.
More by this Author
Sometimes in life you find the perfect home..location..ideal.. and sometimes it finds you!
Self-Worth another name for self esteem defined is : 'confidence in ones own worth or abilities; self respect' Navigating our way through life can have a damaging effect on self esteem for some as we journey through...
Counseling is both a rewarding and worthwhile profession and there are many employment opportunities available in this fast growing industry. If you have been thinking of counseling as a career you might want to...