Food Lovers Fat Loss System Review
Lately, weight loss diets have been moving away from traditional methods - counting calories, cutting carbs etc and focusing more on eating what YOU want.
Just take a look at any of the new diets (like the Food Lovers Fat Loss System for example) and they'll all tell you that you can even eat pizza or chocolate cake and still lose weight.
Is this a gimmick to sell more diets just because they play on your emotional wants? It certainly sounds easier than just eating boring salads.
Keep in mind that you're not getting the big picture, just the part that YOU want to see. You still need to eat healthy foods - like the boring salad. It's just that you can even eat the foods you'll usually feel guilty about eating and still lose weight.
But will these types of unconventional weight loss diets ever work for you?
The Calorie Shifting Concept
Many of these new diets are based on a fat burning method known as calorie shifting. With calorie shifting, you simply eat 4 - 5 small meals per day, consuming different amounts of calories each day.
This type of eating kicks your metabolism into overdrive forcing your body to burn fat instead of storing it. Calorie shifting diets work because they're backed up by science.
Take the Fat Loss 4 Idiots diet for instance. It has been available for at least 5 years and is one of the best selling online diets with many independent testimonials and reviews claiming the diet works where others have failed.
- Fat Loss 4 Idiots - A Calorie Shifting Diet
See consumer feedback, ratings, product info etc about the Fat Loss 4 Idiots calorie shifting diet.
Since then, there have been a flurry of other diets that have been shown to work just as well because they've...well...they've incorporated the same calorie shifting technique into the diet. Same diet, different brand and of course different creators put their twist to it.
Like Robert Ferguson...
The Food Lovers Fat Loss System
The Food Lovers Fat Loss System promises that you can "eat all your favorite foods all day long and reduce your waistline every week!"
This is a very bold statement and even they know that it would be met with skepticism. The statement is both a fib and a fact - advertising meant to appeal to your sense of need.
Who doesn't want to know that they can eat what they want and still reduce their waistline? However, eating what you want - if what you want is pizza and fried chicken - isn't at all healthy or recommended if you're trying to lose weight and any weight loss expert would tell you this. But you're still allowed to eat these foods in moderate amounts since we're focusing on shifting calorie values and the focus is still placed on healthier foods.
With Robert's plan, you get the following materials to help you lose weight:
- 21 Day Metabolism Makeover - this is the core of the plan. It will teach you how to put your body in fat burning mode instead of fat storing mode.
- Fat Loss Secrets Day by Day Audio Series - This audio series will give you daily motivation, shortcuts and tips to lose weight on your 21 Day Metabolism Makeover.
- How To Make a Fat Loss Plate - Fast Carbs, Slow Carbs and the difference as well as how to combine your favorite foods to make a fat burning meal.
- Million Meals Menu Planner - These help you plan your fat loss plates.
- Snack and Treat Guide - Helps you find brand name snacks and treats you can have between meals that will keep you metabolism running high.
- Food Lovers For Life - a lifestyle guide for after you complete the 21 day Metabolism Makeover.
- Eating Out Advisor - How to eat out at popular restaurants and fast food chains.
- Classic Comfort Food Recipe Cards - Brownies, Fried Chickena and macaroni and cheese etc.
- The Joy of Eating Cookbook - Mouthwatering recipes for the whole family
Plus 2 Bonuses
- Robert's 12 Minute Workout Series DVD - Fat burning, body shaping workouts you can do in just 12 minutes a day.
- 6 Day Detox Drop - cleanse and detoxify your body to accelerate your metabolism
Does The Food Lovers Fat Loss System Work
From all the research I did on the internet (just so you won't have to), it seems that the Food Lovers Fat Loss System does work for a larger percentage of people.
There are a lot of amazing success stories but some seem to think that it doesn't matter if you use Robert's system or any of the other calorie shifting diets - as I've pointed out you're going to see results because its not the brand that works, its the calorie shifting method to losing weight.
Is it perfect?
There aren't many complaints about the diet, mainly success stories but there seems to be two main issues people talk about.
Whatever the price you pay to maintain healthy weight loss and body, it shouldn't really matter but for a system like this, some people are complaining that the kit costs a lot and you still have to buy expensive supplements that Robert recommends (although some people prefer to do the diet without buying them), and the recipes are complicated and expensive to shop for.
The Detox Drop
Some people said that they initially lost pounds on the optional Detox Drop but that they gained back those pounds once the detox was over.
The Detox is a bonus and you really don't have to do it. Remember that detoxes are for cleansing the body and not meant for weight loss. Whatever weight you lose on detoxes would always be temporary.
Those were the two main issues encountered with the Food Lovers Fat Loss System otherwise it is a diet that works not because it is unique but because of the method it uses.
- Rob Nevins Skinny Switch Diet - Read my review of this diet by weight management expert Rob Nevins.
- Every Other Day Diet - Creator of this diet, Jon Benson, used the diet to go from clinically obese to having an athletic body type - literally saving his own life. He wants to share the diet with the world.
More by this Author
Congratulations! You're pregnant. So what now? Like any other expecting mother, you would want the best for your child and since you are looking for information on how to quit smoking while pregnant, its safe to say...
Over the years, weight loss diets have gotten a bad rap. Maybe rightfully so because many of them simply do not work. So each time a new diet pops up, it is looked at with skepticism. Does it work? Can you really lose...