Foods That Make You Tall
What Helps Us Grow Taller?
A healthy, balanced diet and the right lifestyle choices can help us grow taller.
- Children should eat nutritious foods during their growing years to prevent stunted growth.
- Adults can also add a few inches to their height (even after their growth years are over) by eating the right kind of food and following the right lifestyle choices, along with certain exercises.
Here are some foods that can help or that you should try to avoid if you want to grow taller:
Food Rich in Protein, Vitamins, and Minerals.
Protein is comprised of amino acids, which contain enzymes, hormones, and antibodies that stimulate growth and helps in the human body work effectively.
- Whole eggs, fish, milk, and legumes specifically are protein rich.
Reduce Intake of Carbohydrates, Junk Food, and Fat
Some foods also can reduce the rate of the human growth hormones that make you grow tall. Those should be excluded from your diet, and this includes carbohydrates and fats.
Carbohydrate-rich foods, like cereals, bread, and rice, can hinder growth so you should try to reduce intake of them in your diet. Just think, Europeans consume more protein than carbs in their diet, and they are taller than Asians, who tend to eat more carbohydrate-rich food.
- Meat is rich in lipids and saturated fats that impede or can slow down our growth. It's best to slacken the consumption of meat. If you are a meat-eater, stick to lean red meats, fish, liver, or seafood like pink salmon with long bones, blue crabs, rainbow trouts, and clams. These are all low in fat and can help you to grow, as they are rich in fatty acids.
- Even flax seed oil and walnut can help, as these too contain fatty acids.
- Avoid pastries, sweets, sodas, and fried food, which are high in fat.
- Alcohol and smoking can also stunt growth
Calcium is absolutely necessary for the growth of healthy bones. It also help us to grow tall.
- Hence, foods rich in calcium — like milk and other dairy products, like yogurt and cheese should form a part of your diet.
- Leafy vegetables like spinach and mustard greens are another source of calcium. They are also good for eyesight.
Citrus fruits like oranges, limes, and lemon are rich in Vitamin C and they help to promote absorption of calcium. Hence, consuming more can result in strong bones, which helps a body to grow tall. They also can help to prevent diseases like scurvy, joint pain, and anemia.
Eat Healthy in General
In general, eating healthier can help.
- This means more whole grains, vegetables, fruits.
- Also, dried beans like nigari, cow peas, and soybeans.
- Drink plenty of water to promote muscle growth and to help remove toxins from your body.
- Whey protein and boiled chicken can also help you to grow tall.
Besides promoting growth, this above list can help make you mentally and physically stronger. Along with good food, exercises like swimming, playing basket ball, yoga, and other stretching exercises help.
More by this Author
This article lists the ways to prevent and treat dark spots on the skin due to sun damage, hyperpigmentation, and melasma.