Foods That Help you Lose Weight and Speed up Your Metabolism
Secrets to a slim body
The Controversy over Losing Weight
We hear about it every day, low fat diets, low calories, low carb diets, fruit and veggie diets, the mediterranean diet as well as many other diets that are supposedly designed to help you lose weight. Low fat diets get tons of hype, and although they may help you lose weight, there is so much more to burning fat. Fat plays a crucial role in our bodies, from energy to thinking clearly, it is very important that we do not isolate fat from our body altogether. Additionally, most people do not know that lots people go on low fat diets for the purpose of losing weight, however the truth is that fat is one of the nutrients that makes you feel full. Due to this reality, many people will avoid fat altogether and will find themselves being grumpy and eating or consuming more calories than they planned on.
Fat is not necessarily bad, but many americans just get too much of it through habitual eating. But by avoiding fat altogether you will find yourself feeling hungry all the time and sluggish too, this eventually leads to indulging in more food than you would have eaten if you were eating healthier fats that give your stomach the feeling of feeling full. Saturated fats are never good but healthy fats such as those in almonds are a great way to meet daily requirements for fat intake and they will also help you avoid overeating
Foods that Speed up your Metabolism
Regardless of the many diets that may help you to lose weight. The primary purpose of this article is to tell you about healthy foods that speed up your metabolism. The secondary purpose of this article is to tell others about healthy diets that are great for losing weight, and that portion of this article will be disclosed in the links below. Fruit and Veggie diets may get some hype, but they are not a healthy alternative in that they only leave you deficient in other essential nutrients. With that being said, I find it important to discuss 10 foods that help you lose weight, and if you are interested in going on a specific weight-loss diet, you can refer to the links below. The resources provided below are great for people that are determined to slim down and are proven to work. Best of all it doesn't mean that you need to completely change your eating habits either.
Foods that Boost your Metabolism
- Steak - Believe it or not, steak may help you shed weight. In a study that was published in The American Journal of Clinical Nutrition, women that were on a diet that included lean red meats like steak lost more weight than those that were eating the same amount of calories but but little beef. The reason for this lies behind the fact that steak is a lean meat with little fat, and the protein in steak helps you maintain muscles mass during weight loss. Our bodies will burn fat for energy when we it does not get the nutrients it needs, however it burns more muscle than it does fat because muscle contains more nutrients than fat does. Also, our metabolism prefers to burn muscle before fat because muscle contains more nutrients.
- Eggs - Eggs are a great source of protein. In a recent study, women on a low calorie diet who that ate an egg with toast and jelly each morning lost twice as much weight as those that had a bagel for breakfast. Even though both had the same amount of calories, eggs are a great way to lose weight. Egg protein is filling and because of that, you tend to eat less during the later hours of the day. - According to the author David Grotto R.D. Who wrote: "101 Foods That Could Save Your Life".
- Kale - Kale is overlooked in most diets, but one raw chopped cup contains only 34 calories and about 1 gram of fiber. It is also well known for containing healthy amounts of iron and calcium.
- Oats - Oatmeal is one of the best foods when it comes to feeling full, however it is low in calories, by being low in calories it is great for weight loss. This is a great food to include in your diet to reduce your diet. Oatmeal is high in fiber and therefore it is great for digestion, and it takes longer to digest meaning that your stomach will feel satisfied for longer.
- Lentils - Lentils are a great for flattening the belly, they provide plenty of protein and have two nutrients that help to stabilize blood sugar levels. Eating lentils helps to prevent excess fat that is created by insulin spikes, especially in the abdominal area.
- Acai Berries - Acai berries have been proven to help your body detoxify and flush out toxins that build up over time. Acai also helps you shed pounds by boosting your metabolism too! You can use acai supplements or you can buy the berry if its in season. There are plenty of acai supplements out there but be sure that you try to buy the freshest berries or supplements available for the best results.
The Worlds #1 Site for Fitness Advice and Supplements
- Bodybuilding.com Fitness Super Site and Super Store
Are you looking for supplements and fitness accessories on sale? Bodybuilding.com has a huge list of products that are discounted and ready for you! We offer fitness supplements at unbeatable prices.
Healthy Nutrition Weight Loss Tips
More by this Author
Why Zinc is one of the most important nutrients that our body needs to function properly.
Over the years, it seems that Vegetarianism is becoming increasingly popular, this could possibly be due to the inflating concerns about the meat packing industry. People are becoming vegetarian for one reason or...
A dietary guide to building bigger muscle on your arms and the lifestyle you should embrace if you want larger biceps and triceps. High protein diet and pre-workout supplements are key to growth.