Fun & Modern Baby Book Ideas
Recently, I started out on the search for a baby book for my little bundle of joy that's due to arrive in a few months. However, what I have found in the stores are pretty run of the mill and lacking personality. Of course, knowing your heritage and all that stuff is important, but it just seems a bit impersonal for my family. So... I began making my own baby book, using a standard scrap book, and here are some of the things I have included...
- Several letters (handwritten) from my husband and I, as well as family members such as grandparents, aunts, uncles, etc. In it, I discuss not only how excited I am for her to arrive, but also things like how her father and I met,what our day to day lives are like, etc. I plan on keeping this up as best I can for as long as I can. I know my life is about to get hectic, but hopefully I will still have time to jot down a page or two every now and then.
- A list of what she could have been named instead of the name we finally settled on. It's often horrifying to hear what other names our parents had in mind, what we would have been named if we had turned out to be the opposite gender, etc. However, it's usually pretty funny, as well.
- A list of what was cool in my childhood. I'm listing all of the cartoons that were cool when I was a kid, the music I grew up with, the actors I swooned over, what slang was in, etc. She'll either develop a love for all things 2000's, or at least have a giggle making fun of me, telling me how "old" I am. Just for the record though, "Clarissa Explains It All" was totally awesome, and "And You Afraid of the Dark?" was terrifying at age ten. A cool idea to go along with this would be to make DVD's/CD's with this stuff on it.
- A list of who my best friends were growing up. I think that this will be especially interesting considering how small our town is. It's a Mayberry kind of place, and not many people leave. Most people I know plan to stay here and raise their families, as well. So when my child's older, she can be like "Oh my gosh, our mom's were totally best friends in middle school!" Or something like that.
- Videos and pictures of the baby's ultrasounds.
- Ticket stubs from movies, and other events that my husband and I attended while I was pregnant, along with a little story of how being pregnant affected the outing. I have found that going to the movies is much more uncomfortable now, what with having to get up and pee all the time, and being unable to find a comfortable position to sit in.
More by this Author
- 1Your Severe Morning Sickness During Pregnancy Could Actually be a Condition Called Hyperemesis Gravidarum
First off, every woman who has had the privilege of experiencing pregnancy knows that the term "morning sickness" is very misleading. It should be phased out and replaced with a more appropriate term such as...
- 13How I Just Knew I Was Pregnant Before Ever Taking a Test or Having a Missed Period, including round ligament pain
Expectant mother uses her sixth sense to diagnose pregnancy. Earliest pregnancy signs and symptoms.
- 0How you can have a forum post or whole thread written about you removed from Topix, remove bad posts
Although originally created for spreading legitimate news, having intelligent debates and advertising community happenings, Topix.com has become somewhat of a venue foe gossips to post their latest findings to a mass...