A Healthy Waist Gains You a Longer Life
A healthy waist is crucial to longevity....
By now we all obviously know how crucial it is to rid our body of abdominal fat. Not only is the excess fat unattractive it's a death sentence, I know that's harsh but it's the truth. There's no quick, easy, simple way to lose the fat it takes hard work and dedication.
There are two types of belly fat. Subcutaneous belly fat is the visible fat that can be felt and pinched an inch or two or more. This kind of fat appears all around the body: the stomach, hips, buttocks, arms, legs and thighs. Too much of this fat normally indicates that a person is overweight and possibly obese. This fat serves as protection and warmth to the human body. Too much of this fat or too little is unhealthy. Having some of this fat is important for normal body function.
Visceral belly fat is located deeper within the body, found only in the torso area. While it's not visually noticeable, usually those with the subcutaneous type have an excess of visceral belly fat also. This type of fat is located deep within the upper body and surrounds the liver, kidney and heart. Due to this issue visceral fat can lead to high blood pressure, heart disease, stroke, high cholesterol, breast cancer, diabetes and dementia.
Excess belly fat also increases your chances of:
- Metabolic syndrome
- Gallbladder problems
- Colorectal cancer
- Erectile dysfunction
- Heart Disease
Do you know your accurate waist measurement?
To measure your waist, stand in front of a mirror with your feet apart. Wrap the tape around your waist just about an inch above your belly button.
A normal waist size for a woman is 32 inches or less, and for a man is 38 inches or less.
Your waistline measurement actually tells us more about your overall health than any other statistic.
You probably want to know why, it's because all body fat is not the same and fat around the middle is most likely the worst fat of all. Your waist line measurement may be the most important indicator of your overall health. There is a possible connection between the size of your waist and your risk for developing certain diseases.
What can we do to whittle our waist:
1. Moderate to vigorous exercise at least 30 minutes a day. Spot training tightens the abs but does nothing for the subcutaneous belly fat.
2. Eat a healthy diet avoiding fatty fried foods, carbs, high-fructose corn syrup and carbonated drinks which make you feel bloated.
3. Portion control is extremely important. You'll be surprised how much food your body actually needs once you start cutting back on your meal intake.
4. Stand tall, correct posture will make you feel slimmer and train your abs to be firmer.
5. Reduce stress in your life. Excess stress increases cortisol in your body, which increases belly fat, which causes havoc with cholesterol and triglycerides.
A Flatter belly will offer you:
1. A longer life by reducing your chances of diseases.
2. Will improve your sex life by increasing your stamina.
3. It will strengthen your back muscles.
Our bodies consist of healthy fat and unhealthy fat. By ridding our body of the unhealthy fat we are able to add years to our live and increase our longevity.
The decision is yours. Do you want a healthy belly and a longer life or an unhealthy belly and a shorter life. The choice should be simple. Challenge yourself to gain a healthy waist.
Now might be the perfect time to waste away the waist. Good luck to all.
12 Foods That Burn Belly Fat
- 12 Foods That Burn Belly Fat - Quick & Simple
QuickandSimple.com tells you how to lose your spare tire, with these superfoods from The Abs Diet for Women.
How To Eat Foods To Burn Belly Fat
- How to Eat Foods That Burn Belly Fat | eHow.com
How to Eat Foods That Burn Belly Fat. Have you heard about the latest way to burn belly fat? Would you think you could lose belly fat by eating fat? That just does not sound possible, or is it? According to the editors (and...
How To Do Crunches
Do you have a healthy waist size?See results without voting
© 2011 Linda Bilyeu
More by this Author
Randy Bilyeu went missing in Santa Fe while searching for Forrest Fenn's treasure. Randy's journey continues to be documented by Linda Bilyeu.
Fun, unique ideas on how to burn calories! Dance to Maroon 5 Moves Like Jagger video which is included!
Country music soothes the soul as does the musical sounds of country singer Emma Jane from the U.K.