Garlic Health Benefits Including Hair and More
G Great for so many things including your health
A Allium Sativum AKA Garlic, in the onion family Alliaceae.
R Raw is one of the best ways to reap the benefits from garlic.
L Lowers your blood pressure and improves circulation. Lowers blood lipid levels.
I Infections and colds are fought with garlic.
C Calcium, folate, iron, magnesium, manganese, phosphorus, potassium,
selenium, Vitamin b1, b2, b3, c and zinc are all found in garlic.
Garlic is a perennial plant originally from South Asia. It is one of the oldest known herbs that is now grown worldwide. Garlic is a bulb that will have up to twenty cloves.
Why Use Garlic?
People have been using garlic medicinally and for food since the pyramids were built.
- Soldiers in World War I and II were given garlic to prevent gangrene.
- Garlic today is used as a preventative for plaque building up on the arteries causing high cholesterol, high blood pressure or a heart attack.
- Research is being done regarding garlic and if it can actually protect against cancer.
- This little gem is high in antioxidants.
- Garlic has been known to be a natural repellent against mosquitoes.
- Taking garlic supplements or eating garlic is a powerful antibiotic and is one that the body does not build up a resistance to.
Garlic For Your Hair and Scalp
- Using garlic oil on the hair and scalp will help with dry hair and itchy scalp.
- It will aid in making the hair roots stronger.
- Garlic can be used as a hair loss preventative.
- Adding garlic extract to your shampoo will help to strengthen, and cut down on hair splitting.
- Using garlic extract or garlic shampoo once a week will add shine to the hair.
The many forms of garlic
You can find garlic in various forms such as:
Garlic is not for everyone though especially if you are about to have surgery or have a baby,as it does work as a blood thinner.
If you are taking any medications you really should consult your doctor before starting on garlic supplements.
One can experience side effects from garlic and garlic supplements, so just be aware of this.
On A Personal Note
I love garlic and everyone that knows me knows it. I wonder if it is my bad breath. Recently one of my family members asked me to cut back just a little on the amount of garlic I was putting into my homemade Caesar salad dressing. Okay well I have to admit I can and sometimes do overdo the garlic.
There’s nothing like Garlic Bread made from freshly pressed garlic mixed into butter or margarine and slathered on a French stick or Italian loaf, then topped with cheddar cheese, and placed under the broiler for a few minutes.
Roasted garlic, the aroma drives me wild. What’s a roast beef or pork roast without garlic? Oh and cloves stuffed under the chicken’s skin makes for a scrumptious delight.
Homemade soups just would not be the same without pressing garlic into them during the last five minutes of cooking. Mashed potatoes with roasted garlic added MM good. Okay, I have said enough, are you convinced how much I love garlic?
Garlic for Dogs
Before I go, there is one more way I use garlic, which is in my dogs’ food. They love it too. Half of a very small clove, freshly chopped, about twice a week, I add it to the top of their breakfast or dinner. In the summer I do not use a conventional flea preventative with them. Brewers Yeast powder (added daily) along with garlic (twice per week) added to their food, has worked to keep the fleas away for years.
Many people feel that garlic is bad for dogs, however I've had dogs all my life and have fed them garlic without any problems.
Fresh Garlic Tool
- Ultimate Gift For Cooks Gourmet Garlic Grater
Garlic grater to make any cooks job easier, faster without the use of a knife. Works on ginger, nuts, Parmesan cheese and more.
More by this Author
You just never know how much one little thing can change your life.
Slim Fast Diet Plan works so well for me when it comes to losing weight without starving by simply following the diet plan.
Find out how to correct biting, chewing jumping, rough play, begging, barking and digging when your dog has behavioral problems.