Girls’ Night Out Activity Ideas: 20 Suggestions
Do you see your closest friends as often as you’d like? If not, why not try to get into the habit of scheduling a girls’ night out get together every now and then? It’s so easy to let your schedule get packed with obligations that don’t include your friends if you don’t have time set aside for a get-together. That’s one of the reasons why scheduling a set time to see your pals regularly is such a good idea.
20 Suggestions for Girls Night Activities
Depending on your schedule – and the schedules of your friends – consider setting aside one evening per week, month or quarter to get-together with the friends that you wish you had more time to spend with. Here is a list of 20 girls’ night activity ideas that you can enjoy with your pals:
- Book Club: Pick a book that everyone in the group will enjoy reading and get together regularly to discuss what you have read.
- Communicate: Spending an occasional evening just sitting and talking with your friends can be one of the most enjoyable and worthwhile ways to spend an evening every now and then.
- Community Service: Volunteer your services to help out at a charity event.
- Culinary Experience: Attend a cooking class with your girlfriends or hold a cookie exchange or tasting bee at someone’s home.
- Dance Lessons: Learn a new dance technique, such as belly dancing, salsa, ballroom dancing, etc.
- Dine Out: Go to dinner at a favorite restaurant with your best girl friends.
- Festival Fun: Attend a local festival event, or one in a neighboring community. Watch the tourism calendar published by your city or local convention and visitors’ bureau to keep up with available events.
- Get Back to Nature: Go on an overnight camping trip or spend the night at the closest beach or lake.
- Get Creative: Take an art class or go to a do-it-yourself pottery studio.
- Get in Shape: Get a group of friends together to take an exercise class, participate in swimming lessons or work out in the weight room of your local fitness center.
- Girls’ Night In: Have a get-together with your best pals at someone’s home so you can just hang out and enjoy each others' company. Consider holding a movie night, board game evening or an overnight slumber party.
- Item Exchange: Set aside a time a few times each year for an item exchange with your girl friends. Each person should bring clothes, toys, books and household items that are in good shape but no longer needed to share with friends. Attendees can swap items with each other, getting rid of things they don’t want and acquiring new goods at no cost.
- Language Lessons: Enroll in a foreign language class with a group of close friends
- Live Music: Listen to live music at a local nightclub, attend a symphony performance or go to a rock and roll concert
- Local Culture: Tour a local museum or art gallery
- Movie Night: Go to see a chick flick at the local movie pub or theater
- Play Tourist: Pick a tourist attraction in your town, or at a location that is within a reasonable drive, and visit it.
- Retail Therapy: Go shopping at the local mall, department store or thrift shop.
- Scavenger Hunt: Participate in a scavenger hunt outing.
- Theater Night: Attend a play at a local community theater or go to a professional theater production
What Ideas Do You Have?
There are certainly plenty of other appropriate activities for girls’ night out get-togethers. What other ideas do you have? Feel free to share your suggestions in the comments section below.
- Girlfriend Celebrations: The Best Party Ideas for Girls Night In, Girls Night Out, Girlfriend Partie
GirlfriendCelebrations is the premier place for girls night ideas and girlfriend party ideas. Party plans, menus, tips, friendship advice, and our exclusive connecting activities help women have fun and meaningful times with their girlfriends. Why? B
- Scavenger Hunts - Printable Scavenger Hunt List Ideas
Fun variations of classic Scavenger Hunts. Lists for dozen of hunts, including mall hunts, nature hunts, girls night hunts and purse hunts.
- How to Start a Book Club
An in-depth discussion giving prospective book club and reading group leaders suggestions and advice for effectively organizing and leading a discussion group, including ways to recruit members and tips on setting guidelines for the group.
More by this Author
Are you looking for a great place to enjoy a leisurely Sunday brunch in Mobile, AL. There are many great places where you can enjoy a wonderful weekend brunch meal all over town. 4 Favorite Restaurants for Sunday...