Home Remedies For Cold And Cough
Prevention is Better Than Cure-Cover Yourself Up in Winter
Now with the advent of winter everyone is facing cough and cold symptoms or about to face and the precautions one needs to take if to avoid the symptoms later on.
Just a few days back I was reading an article about how we get is as there are two school different schools of thoughts. First one, age-old thought is that we catch cold cough due to cold weather and we should properly keep ourselves covered. The second thought is scientific that medical sciences believe that there is no connection between cold and cough as it is caused by a virus and it disputed the age-old claim of covering oneself head to toe for prevention.
But very interestingly, the newest research combines both the above views into one for. Viruses which cause cough and cold are always there in our nostrils or nasal passageway and are in constant fight with our body’s defensive or immune system, i.e., white blood cells in our blood. What happens during winter, when we wear less clothes, our body sends more blood to the vital organs to keep them warm and well functioning and less to the nostrils and hence less supply of white blood cells and thus the virus dominates our immune system and causes cough and cold. Thus, keeping oneself covered and warm, help in restoring the blood supply and proving the age-old thought of covering oneself true partially refuting the medical claim.
Once we have it, we look for cold and cough remedies and what better than home remedies for cold and cough.
HOME REMEDIES FOR COUGH:
1. Have two spoonful of natural honey daily, it is the best immune booster, like we say, prevention is better than cure. It is the best natural home remedy.
2. We can always have one to two teaspoons of cloves in powered form, mulhathi or licorice, ginger, tulsi patta or basil, or cinnamon or dalchini in our meals.
3. Also drinking tea made of with a pinch of powdered clove, six to eight basil leaves, pinch of ginger powder, cinnamon, and saunf or fennel seeds is one of the best home remedy. Take two cups of water and boil it until it becomes one and drink it three to four times a day. Like aspirin, ginger is a blood thinner, so consult your doctor before drinking too much of this drink.
4. Being a powerful antiseptic, raw garlic could be used in our meals.
HOME REMEDIES FOR COLD:
1. Take a pinch of cinnamon powder with a teaspoon of honey. It will instantly help you.
2. Another combination one can take is honey one teaspoon and add 220 grams of grape juice in it and drink according to requirement.
3. Take honey mixed with two drops of brandy. It will control the urge for coughing.
4. Also one of the best home remedy is honey one teaspoon and onion juice one teaspoon.
5. Take a tablespoon of honey and mix it with eight tablespoons of coconut milk and a tablespoon of khaskhas or poppy seeds. It is used before going to bed at night and it is home remedy to prevent coughing at night.
6. Put a slice of ginger with one clove and a pinch salt and chew it slowly squeezing the juice and soothing the throat.
7. Mix half teaspoon honey and half teaspoon lemon juice and take it every 12 hours as natural home remedy.
HOME REMEDIES FOR SORE THROAT
First of all we should confirm that it is not a bacterial (streptococcal) infection and then we may opt to cure the sore throat the home remedies given below:
1. Mix one tablespoon honey in a tablespoon of vinegar with the first signs of symptoms and consume it. It is amongst the best remedies for sore throat.
2. Citrus fruits like lemons, oranges, and/or grapefruit help relieving sore throat. It is the best available natural home remedy.
3. Take 1/4-teaspoon honey with 1/2 teaspoon of table salt with turmeric powder.
4. Gargling with water containing equal quantity of peroxide.
5. Prepare mixture of grounded lotus seeds with honey and one can take a little bit of it throughout the passage of the day. It is also amongst one of the best remedies for sore throat.
MY FEW OTHER USEFUL ARTICLES
- CONSTIPATION TREATMENT
Read the useful tips to get cured from constipation in a more natural way.
- WHAT IS ANGIOEDEMA AND ITS TREATMENT
I myself have faced and got cured from angioedma. Really helpful for those who suffers from this.
- Home Remedies for Getting rid of Dandruff
I have written time tested useful tips to get rid of dandruff surely going to help out.
More by this Author
Please listen to this youtube content and read this article before ordering anything from Snapdeal.
After having a hearty meal, I went to sleep and got up in the morning to find my hugely swollen lip and hives all over my hands which startled me. My doctor called it as hives allergic reaction. Hives are also called...
When we visited Rajasthan, I was completely awestruck by this dish and now have planned again to visit that place especially to enjoy this dish. Rajasthan is a dry and arid region of India. Here people eat very spicy...