Happy Office, Healthy You
Happy Office, Healthy You
If you are a working person, you are probably one of those who spend most of your waking moments scrunched behind a desk, squinting at a screen and stressed out about meetings and deadlines.
The constant stress that keeps you reaching for that cookie jar and the glare from the monitor screen that compels you to change new spectacles every year, and it can’t be good to you in the long run. If you are wondering why your health seems to be deteriorating, then it’s time to be mindful about your environment and to tackle them with corrective measures to keep you healthy which will also ultimately give benefits to you as well as to your company!
After four years of working life, I realized that symptoms such as eye power increasing, tiredness, low energy etc. are commonly shared by most working adults, including myself. Personally, I found that when you are struggling for the deadlines and couldn’t escape from reading the computer for long hours, and needed to work overtime, dietary supplement is playing an important role in helping you to perform better. I have tried some of the quality guaranteed supplements which worked amazingly on me. I would like to share it here with those who are having the same concerns.
Monitoring your Sight
Spending long hours reading under inappropriate lighting may affect your eyesight and strain your eyes in the long run.
Tip: Try to position your screen monitor to a comfortable reading level by keeping your monitor at about arm’s length, with the top of the screen positioned near eye level. Place your monitor away from light sources that product glare, or use window blinds to control lights levels. Remember to clean your screen regularly, and if you wear glasses, clean them also.
Essential nutrients and vitamins for eye health:
· Bilberry and Bioflavonoids - improve their night vision.
· Chromium – makes your eyes less stressful while focusing. The great sources of chromium are spinach, capsicums, apples, bananas, chicken, eggs, liver and oyster as human body does not product chromium by itself.
· Eyebright (Euphrasia) - Eyebright has a long history of use in treating eye problems.
· Lutein - beneficial to nurture the macula of the eye. Low levels of Lutein may weaken night vision. Natural sources of Lutein are red and orange color fruits and vegetables; spinach provides high amounts of lutein too.
· Selenium- can be found in brewer's yeast, wheat germ, fish, red meat, eggs, grains, chicken, and liver. Selenium act to neutralize free radicals that tend to damage the eyes’ lenses. Studies showed that low level of selenium may cause cataracts and macular degeneration. In addition, Selenium supports better absorption of vitamin E, which also another essential nutrient to improve eyesight.
· Vitamin A – Vitamin A is a widely known vitamin for promoting eye and vision health. Fruits and vegetables with yellow, orange, and dark green pigments such as pumpkin, sweet potatoes, carrots, mangoes, and spinach are vitamin A-rich foods. Vitamin A contained in foods is known as Beta carotene, which will be converted to Vitamin A in the human body.
· Zinc – Our eyes contain greatest concentration of Zinc in the human body. It’s essential to convert beta carotene into Vitamin A. Great sources of zinc are oysters; follow by red meat and poultry.
Long hours at work may not allow your body to rest and rejuvenate properly, causing a decrease in your vitality and energy level. In the long run, this may strain your physical health and mental health, causing you to be less productive at work.
Tip: It is advisable to obtain adequate sleep every day. For people who work on shift or having hectic lifestyle, which commonly relate to inadequate sleep, dietary supplement is the best solution for them to boost up or increase vitality. Supplement that contains Cordyceps or ginseng is a natural energy booster that enables those people with decreased energy and vitality to restore their capacity to function at a normal or a higher level of activity. Also, it reduces fatigue and promotes healthy lung function.
Essential nutrients and vitamins for fatigue:
· Acai Berry - contains mineral and amino acid which aid in increasing the energy level and stamina, helping muscle build-up and recovery.
· Cordyceps Sinensis is a traditional Chinese herb which clinically proven to aid in restoring energy, enhancing stamina and vitality, while reducing fatigue
· Ginseng Extract- Ginseng is beneficial for health or sick individuals who feel fatigue of weakness.
· Vitamin B complex family - B complex is a powerful antioxidant and mineral co-factors for normal energy metabolism promotion and post-exercise muscle recovery. Vitamin B can be found in liver and meat products, whole grains, potatoes, bananas, meat such as turkey and tuna, in liver and meat products, whole grains, potatoes, bananas, beans, and brewer's yeast
· Vitamin C – Vitamin C important for normal collagen and connective tissue health and immune function. It is also essential to produce anti-stress hormones. Vitamin C is one of the most important water-soluble antioxidant nutrients in the body. Vitamin C can be found in most of the citrus fruits or veggie with orange and yellow pigment. Overall, fruits and vegetables are great sources of Vitamin C.
· Bee Pollen - Bee pollen is a well-recognized natural energy booster. It has all 22 amino acids, together with vitamins, minerals and enzymes.It is gorgeously rich in the B vitamin complex, vitamins C and E, antioxidants, and many other health- benefit nutrients.
Do you notice that there are times when you just have trouble focusing and are so tired you could lie down and sleep for hours, but it’s only the middle of the day? When you are expected to manage various projects under high pressure, maintaining a strong memory and mental clarity is critical not only for productivity at work, but also essential for your day life.
Tip: It is essential to have food or supplement which helps to promote blood circulation to the brain, arms and legs and also works to support memory and concentration. With a clearer memory and better concentration, you’ll have an edge in everything you do and your life can stay brighter and fuller as the years go by.
Essential nutrients and vitamins for mental clarity
· Omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids – influences neurotransmission and prostaglandin formation, processes that are vital in the maintenance of normal brain function.
· Ginkgo biloba – provides flavonoids which stimulates memory and concentration, promotes circulation to the brain, arms and legs. It is a natural antioxidant that may help support the antioxidant defense system in fighting free radicals.
The supplements recommended as below are manufactured or formulated by highly credentialed formulators from MNC companies and its with quality guaranteed, meaning it is safe to consume and with high bio-availability in human body which will aid in better absorption.
More by this Author
Is your hair getting thinner? No worries! Let's see further what causes hair loss and how to reduce it!
No comments yet.