Health Benefits of Asparagus
Asparagus is one of many vegetables that bring lots of health benefits for the body. It is a member of the family of lily or "liliaceae", that also includes onions and garlic. This vegetable is widely used in India and some other parts of America, Australia, Asia and Europe. It is rich with antioxidants that protects the body from cancer. But wait, there's more to that, scroll down to know more of the health benefits of asparagus.
Health Benefits of Asparagus
* Asparagus also contains vitamin A,C,E and K, high fiber, chromium, folate and some other minerals which helps increase the ability of insulin to carry glucose from your body's blood stream into the cells.
* It has rich source of glutathione, a compound known to detoxify and break down harmful compounds and other known carcinogens like free radicals. It is especially good in your liver detoxification. Therefore it helps fight against cancer.
* In addition to that, asparagus also contains high amount of anti- inflammatory components such as diosgenin, asparanin A, and more. Constant inflammation may lead to serious health problems such as type heart disease and type 2 diabetes. So this vegetable, as part of diet may help reduce the risk in developing those.
* The presence of folate also helps pregnant women in protecting the fetus inside her womb against neural tube defects.
* Certain compounds found in Asparagus help balance ammonia produced in our body, therefore, it makes us feel renewed and fresh. It also protects blood vessels from splitting.
* It is high in potassium, which helps in the retention of calcium in our body, making our bones and teeth strong.
* Asparagus also aids in a healthy digestion as it contains a compound called inulin. Inulin passes through our digestive system completely until it reaches our large intestine thus providing food for good bacteria.
* This one is also a good source of vitamin C as it helps improve immune system and helps fight against infections
* It also contains the combination of low calorie and high fiber which make it ideal for those people who suffers from diabetes, high cholesterol and many more.
After knowing this, you will surely make your tummy crumbles and be able to love this vegetables more as this bring a lot of health benefits in the body. So, what are you sitting there? Rush now to the market and grab one. This will be a life changing, I promise.
You may also like watching this video.
You may also like health benefits in other foods.
- Top Health Benefits of Apples
What really makes an apple a day, that keeps doctors away? There must be something special with this kind of fruit that will make you crave for more apples. Well, let us try to figure it out. Apples have properties that cannot be found by other...
- Beauty And Health Benefits of Virgin Coconut Oil
When I was young, my grandfather used to massage a home-made smelly kind of oil on my back for some cure or benefits. I remembered him telling me that he made it himself from coconut, but I just ignored it, anyways I was still young that time and...
- Top Antioxidant- Rich Foods For a Healthy Body
Antioxidants are elements that protect you from the harmful effects of free radicals and have the power to prevent aging. Free radicals may damage your cells especially when you are expose in polluted areas such as smokes and radiation. If this...
More by this Author
Anorexia plainly means a loss of appetite. Anorexia nervosa is an eating disorder with a psychological disturbance affecting mainly teenage girls or young adult women, as well as males. It is characterized by an...
There are celebrities that are professionals, on time, responsible, and very flexible to their job. However, there are some who have shown some attitudes that lack sincerity due to their busy schedules which stress them...
Every country has its cultural traits. Here are some that Filipinos share.
No comments yet.