Health Benefits of Kiwi Fruit Juice
The Health Benefits of Kiwi Juice
The Kiwi is a type of edible berry that initially originated from China and was known as the Chinese Gooseberry. Cultivation of this fruit first spread in New Zealand when Mary Isabel Fraser introduced it to the said country during the early twentieth (20th) century. The Kiwi fruit is an oval shaped fruit approximately the size of a large hen's egg. Its skin is of a dull-brown color with a green and gold colored flesh and rows of tiny black seeds which are also edible. It has a uniquely sweet taste and could also be found in Italy, Chile, Greece and France. Other known names for the Kiwi fruit are the Macaque Peach, Vine Pear, Sunny Peach and Wood Berry. From the results of the scientific studies conducted on this particular fruit and its juice, an array of nutritional values and other outstanding health benefits of Kiwi Fruit juicewere discovered.
The Kiwi fruit and its raw juice are known to be rich in vitamins, minerals and phytochemicals which would greatly benefit our bodies in a lot of different ways. The Kiwi fruit also contains high doses of Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Vitamin E, Phosphorus, Magnesium, Potassium, Copper, Niacin, Panthothenic acid and an Amino acid called L-arginine. Other important health benefits of Kiwi fruit juice are as follows:
Cucumber and Kiwi Juice Recipe
A tall glass of refreshing drink with ginger, cucumbers and kiwi. Topped with bean sprouts.
Chef's Name - Chef Soumya Goswami
Recipe Cook Time : 15 Minutes + 1 hour chill time
- 4 Kiwi fruit, Peel and cut into small pieces
- 2 Cucumbers, Peel and cut into small pieces
- 1/2 inch Ginger, Crushed
- Pepper, to taste
- Salt, to taste
- 2 celery sticks, as stirrers
- 2 scoops crushed ice
- 1 cup water
- Sprouts, to garnish
- Chill fruits for 1 hour.
- Blend crush ice and water.
- Add all the fruits to the blender and blend for 1 minute at high speed.
- Pour into glasses and garnish with sprouts.
Rate this Kiwi Juice Recipe
Other Important Benefits of Kiwi Juice
- Because of its richness in antioxidants it helps protect the cells from radical damage and also plays a big role in fighting off cancer.
- It is known to reduce high blood pressure and regulates heart rate. Regular consumption of the Kiwi fruit juice also helps reduce the risk of hypertension.
- The L-arginine is vital in keeping the liver, skin, joints and the muscles healthy and in top condition.
- The high level of Vitamin C helps boost the immune system and aids the body in certain chemical processes such as iron absorption. It also helps prevent anemia and can cure anorexia cases.
- Responsible for maintaining a healthy respiratory tract. The actinidine contained in the kiwi fruit breaks down the proteins into amino acids which expedites absorption of the said nutrient into the body.
- The vitamin A promotes good eyesight.
- It has a substantial amount of folate and folic acid which is necessary for making new body cells. This is highly recommended for women who plans on getting pregnant and those that are already pregnant.
- Supports energy metabolism and nerve function. It will also help greatly in replacing the body's lost electrolytes due to sweating caused by any form of exertion as in exercise.
- Excellent source of fiber that aids in proper digestion of the body. It plays a significant role in stopping constipation and to regulate bowel movement especially for the elderly. Can also aid the body in maintaining fluid balance.
- It is a natural source of carotenoids like beta carotene, lutein, xanthophyll, flavonoids and zeaxanthin which also plays an important role in keeping the body healthy and in proper working condition.
- Good in keeping the body cooled down and in lowering the cholesterol and stress levels.
- Also said to have certain attributes that can assist you in weight management, whether it be to losing weight or even in gaining weight.
Studies show that because of the extraordinary health benefits of Kiwi Fruit Juice it can be considered as the best source of nutrients compared to other fruit juices. The Kiwi juice is good on its own or mixed with other fruit juices like in a cocktail. The Kiwi fruit is said to be included in the list of the top ten (10) super foods.
More by this Author
Self-esteem is the way we feel about our-selves. It affects our daily lives in various ways. Low self-esteem can impact us negatively by making us feel useless and helpless, but in truth we are not...
No comments yet.