Health-Conscious Series #8 - How to avoid Pimples
My pimple days are not over yet. Ever since in high school, I've been bombarded by those itchy, little or big eruptions on my face, neck, back and chest. I cannot avoid pinching it to ease irritation which was wrong, according to the local dermatologist whom I befriended later.
She already gave me pointers in order to avoid having pimples. Maintaining personal hygiene and balanced diet are two of it.
The reasons why most of the teens (like me, before) are bombarded with pimples are:
- eating fatty foods, as in fast food dishes (potato fries, fried chicken, etc.);
- sleeping late at night, due to hanging out with friends;
- having crushes or first love, triggering glands in the body that can cause skin eruptions (that we'll deal later);
- being exposed to dirty surrounding, due to pollution.
- over-secretion of sebaceous glands producing sebum twill create skin blockade- a prelude to a pimple world.
Occasionally, I've been triggered by this disturbance.
As shared by my cousin, who's a nursing graduate, he also used to prick his pimples with proper instruments, not with bare hands. Although, he doesn't recommend his personal regimen, most victims are also doing it, in a bad way, triggering pimples to become a severe version of acne.
Pimple spots are: face, back or the entire torso or our body.
Each person has different kinds of skin texture, minus the regard for skin tone or color. Skins will vary from soft to rough ones, that's why we need lotion to soften parts of our skin that is hard or rough to the touch.
Vulnerable parts are the soft ones, where pimples sprout.
To control or totally eradicate it, here's my personal regimen in order to control pimples from populating on my face, neck, back and chest.
- Take a bath regularly. This is the prime solution for that; with the use of hypoallergenic soap. Harsh commercial soaps can damage the skin and can trigger the rise of pimple.
- Avoid oily, fatty foods. Proper cooking of food and choosing the fresh and right food will control pimple build-up.
- The use of facial wash is also recommended for oil control. It is commercially available; those facial wash products for men and women. It's also good to be vain from time to time. Clean-looking face is always appealing to look at.
- Always drink 8-10 glasses of water everyday. It can be fruit juices, mineral water and applicable refreshing liquids (not those drinks with hydro-carbonate content).
- Always sleep 6 to 8 hours. It will help rejuvenate our body cells. But before sleeping, you should always wash your face to avoid skin build-up (dead skin cells that can block skin pores) that can create pimplelandia.
- Avoid vices, such as: smoking and drinking hard liquors.
If I had forgotten something, feel free to add your personal regimen on my list.
(With writings and personal opinion from travel_man1971 aka Ireno A. Alcala. April 24, 2012)
More on becoming Health-Conscious
- My Favorite Top 5 of Health Conscious Food Brands
We are so fortunate today to have a huge variety of healthy alternatives readily available to us at most grocery stores. In the past, these foods were only available in health food stores, were very expensive...
- The New Antidepressant – Move over Prozac
The lack of which is thought to bring about depression. Finally a Natural Prozac A study by University of Bristol and University College London have found that Mycobacterium vaccae, a beneficial bacteria found in the soil, alters the...
- How Nutritious is Your Food
More evidence is popping up everyday about the need for the right ingredients our bodies need to keep us healthy. If you look at the shear numbers of humans who are health challenged to any degree, you...
More by this Author
Molluscum contagiosum, those painless warts on your face...it affects your personality if it is already visible. Immediately seek for a medication in order to get rid of it.
Sambong tea is now commercially available at the nearest drug store if you're interested aside from its capsule version. Other benefits are enumerated here in this hub.
Ever heard of sweet rice cake? Perhaps not, when you're still not living here in the Philippines. Let me teach you on how to make this Filipino delicacy. Get ready with your sweet tooth.