Health Crystals - Himalayan Pink Salt
Himalayan Pink Salt is a halite or rock salt that can be found mostly in the Punjab region in Pakistan. Usually, this type of salt is mined in the Khewra mine in Punjab. The Himalayan Pink Salt is known for the fact that some of its crystals have an off-white color that’s almost transparent, however the impurities found in it offer a pink, reddish color.
Salt Mine in Khewra
Himalayan Pink Salt components
This type of salt is up to 95-98% sodium chloride and it does integrate a multitude of minerals as well. However, the main component aside from sodium chloride is around 2-3% polyhalite. Polyhalite is actually a “hydrated potassium, calcium and magnesium sulfate salt” that becomes red or pink in the presence of an iron oxide.
Aside from the chloride, calcium, magnesium, potassium and iron, Himalayan salt also contains other nutrients phosphorus and traces of boron, copper, fluoride, iodine, selenium and zinc.
Where can you use Himalayan Pink Salt?
There are many uses for this salt. Most of the time you will find it very good for cooking, especially if you replace it with regular salt. The Himalayan Pink Salt blocks can also be used as serving dishes and some cooks actually use it as a cooking surface after they heat them a little bit.
Aside from uses in the kitchen, it also does a great job as a bath salt. Used as brine bath, it is capable of bringing toxins out and absorbing healthy minerals in the body.
Lastly and interestingly, some of the larger crystal rocks are actually used as salt lamps. In order to create such a lamp, you will need a large salt crystal that will be processed to obtain the desired shape. The lamp produces negative ions - which, in turn, help neutralize pollutants like dust, dirt & pollen.
Himalayan Pink Salt retains some of the health benefits of regular salt but it also brings in some of its own as well. Regarded as the cleanest, purest and mineral dense version of salt, it provides a lot of minerals and other bio-compounds that is good for our body. With that in mind, here are some of the proven health benefits offered by the Himalayan Salt.
- It helps improve and boost your circulation, especially if you are a person that doesn’t work out often
- Good for detox. It will help remove toxins and it will dissolve sediments in a natural manner. It also removes heavy metals and toxins from your body
- It will prevent goiters
- Aids the intestine with nutrient absorption
- Offers you a great support for proper metabolism functioning
- It helps strengthen your bones and it helps boost the bone quality
- Lowers the blood pressure
- Himalayan Pink Salt is known for preventing issues such as muscle cramps
- It balances your pH levels in order to lower the chances of dealing with acid reflux
- Helps increase hydration levels
- It will regulate water content within your cells
- It creates a good balance of electrolytes
- Reduces the effects and signs of aging
- It has a positive effect on your libido
Himalayan Pink Salt is a unique type of salt and it does have some special benefits. It can be a good option for those that want to boost their circulation and prevent digestion problems. It can also work for people that want better hydration and low blood pressure.
Make sure you are buying the real thing and not fake ones so you can get the most nutrients from it.
Of course, you should keep an eye on the amount you consume if you want to stay healthy and away from any complications. If you are pregnant or you have an illness or under any medication, always consult your doctor before taking any Himalayan Pink Salt.
© 2016 MangBerto08
More by this Author
Health benefits of bitter melon or Momordica Charantia and how it fights diabetes.
Health benefits of Malunggay (Moringa Oleifera)
Common questions during an interview for a call center job, including tips to help you prepare.
No comments yet.