Healthy Lifestyle: 15 ways to a New You!
1. Sleep. With 8-10 hours of sleep every night, not only will you feel refreshed and energized in the mornings, studies have show that people who get adequate amounts of sleep have healthier weights!
2. Limit Processed foods. Processed foods have many benefiting nutrients sucked out of them and instead the only thing you get from them are sugar, fats, and high fructose corn syrup. It is best to eat foods in their natural state, fresh from the earth! You can start by cutting out one unhealthy thing from your diet such as pop, and move on from there.
3. Stop using chemicals on your face and hair! Also, limit the number of times you blow dry, curl, and straighten. It may look great now, but your hair will suffer later.
4. Stop artificial tanning! Tanning beds may help cause cancer. Why waste your money (and your health) with artificial tanning when you can do it for free in your own backyard? Just be sure to wear sunscreen with SPF, limit exposure to UV rays, and soak up the Vitamin D!
5. Relax! Stop, take a breathe, and look at the positive things in your life. A few good ways to do this is to take a walk (especially nature walks), read, or listen to music.
6. Engage yourself in physical activity for at least 30-60 minutes a day 5 days a week. Not only will you lose weight, but exercising also helps reduce stress. And believe it or not, exercise can even be fun if you choose the right activity, such as dance, swimming, or a sport you enjoy. Ask your friends to join you too!
7. Eat more fruits and veggies. I know, I know, you've probably heart this thousands of times before, but it has some truth in it and its benefits are so good, they will last you for a lifetime. They can be tasty too! Try not to boil or microwave your veggies because it will destroy the antioxidant properties, instead steam or even freeze them.
8.Stop smoking, drinking, or doing drugs!!!
9. Go Green! Recycle, use reusable bags, drive hybrids, or even better, one of the many electric cars coming out later this year or the following years. Check out my hub about the upcoming Tesla electric car. Not only is is good for the environment, but it looks amazing!
10. Drink more water. It'll keep you hydrated and feeling more full!
11. Say hi to someone or even make a new friend today! It'll give you a smile and brighten the people around you. Surrounding yourself with positive people will make you happier too!
12. Laugh. Laughter is the best medicine (plus it takes fewer wrinkles to smile than to frown). Laughing not only increases your mood, but it strengthens your immune system, boosts your energy, protects your heart, and lessens stress and pain.
13. Learn something new. This will keep your mind nimble as it uses multiple parts of your brain.
14. Eat Omega-3 fats (the good fats) found in fish, legumes, and nuts.
15. Turn off the TV! Instead go outside, read, build something, engage in a hobby, or hang out with your friends and family.
- Here Are Some Fun Things Can You Can Do This Summer
Summer is well upon us and if youre like me, the weeks have flown by with, well, almost nothing to show for it. But no longer. I have compiled a list of things to do this summer for everyone who wants to...
- Future Electric Cars: Is the Tesla Model S Really Worth It?
A step away from Tesla's traditional Roadsters, the Model S is the first pure electric Sedan. Not only is is good-looking, the Model S is built for aerodynamics, maximizing efficiency with its door handles...
How healthy do you think you are?See results without voting
More by this Author
Yes, after your deck is freshly painted, it looks very good and depending on the paint and sun exposure, it can last a few years. But soon, it will start to peel and before you know it, your beautiful deck will have...
The Roman Empire was one of the greatest, but their fall was inevitable and the result of many separate causes. The main causes are as follows: Christianity As time wore on, the Romans discarded their original Roman...
I have always loved to write. Even if I didn't realize it as a child, I remember gravitating toward that writing club in 4th grade and how I loved writing stories, savoring how words flowed effortlessly from my pencil...