Healthy Panini Recipes
Healthy panini recipe
Black Bean Bagel Sandwiches
Here is a good healthy Panini recipe,made with Black Beans and only (15 Fat Calories)
You can substitute the lettuce,and use spinach which I prefer,because of the added Iron content in it.
I find Spinach lasts longer than Lettuce after the package is opened.
Vegetarian BLT--bean, lettuce and tomato--on a bagel!
Prep Time:10 min Start to Finish:10 min Makes:4 sandwiches
1can (15 oz) Progresso black beans, drained, rinsed
1/3cup Old El Paso, Thick 'n Chunky salsa
1/4 teaspoon ground cumin or chili powder
4bagels, cut horizontally in half
2 plum (Roma) tomatoes,
sliced Lettuce or spinach leaves
1.In food processor or blender, cover and process beans, salsa and cumin until smooth.2.Spread 1/4 cup bean mixture over each of 4 bagel halves. Top with tomato, lettuce and remaining bagel halves.
1 Serving: Calories 300 (Calories from Fat 15); Total Fat 1 1/2g (Saturated Fat 0g, Trans Fat 0g); Cholesterol 0mg; Sodium 460mg; Total Carbohydrate 58g (Dietary Fiber 8g, Sugars 7g); Protein 14g Percent Daily Value*: Vitamin A 6%; Vitamin C 10%; Calcium 10%; Iron 25% Exchanges: 3 1/2 Starch; 1/2 Other Carbohydrate; 0 Vegetable; 1/2 Very Lean Meat Carbohydrate Choices: 4
*Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet.
Enjoy these meatless sandwiches with tortilla chips and lots of fresh fruit.These sandwiches are great for biking or any outdoor adventure. Wrap tightly in foil or plastic wrap, and keep them very cold until serving time.Substitution One large tomato, sliced, can be used instead of the plum tomatoes.
Panini recipe--Smoked Gouda and Prosciutto Sandwich
2 slices sourdough bread, 1-inch thick
2 tablespoons olive oil or melted butter
2 ounces sliced smoked gouda
2 ounces thinly sliced prosciutto
2 tablespoons thinly sliced red onions
2 slices tomato
1 ounce shredded fontina cheese
Brush both sides of the slices of bread with olive oil or butter.
Assemble the sandwich layers as follows: prepared bread, smoked gouda, prosciutto, onions, tomato, fontina, and bread.
Place in a panini press (or in a heated grill pan or saute pan pressed with another heavy pan) and cook until crisp and golden. Serve immediately.
Smoked Gouda And Prosciutto Panini Sandwich serves/makes 1
Barbeque Beef Brisket
- 1 (pound ) brisket, trimmed
- 1 1/2 teaspoon(s) coarse sea salt
- 3/4 teaspoon(s) pepper
- 1 tablespoon(s) vegetable oil
- 1 large onion, coarsely chopped
- 1 1/2 tablespoon(s) garlic, minced
- 1/2 cup(s) dark beer, (such as porter or stout)
- 1 tablespoon(s) Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoon(s) lemon juice
- 3 tablespoon(s) honey
- 1/2 cup(s) ketchup
- 1 teaspoon(s) paprika
- 8 kaiser (or other sandwich) rolls
- 1. Cook the brisket: Season the brisket with salt and pepper. Heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the brisket, brown on all sides, and transfer to a slow cooker.
- 2. Add the remaining ingredients to the slow cooker and stir well. Slow-cook, covered, until the meat is very tender -- 8 hours. Remove the meat, place it on a cutting board, and let it rest for 15 minutes. Reserve the sauce.
- 3.Carve into thin slices and serve on buns of your choice.
Grilled Eggplant and Tomato sandwichs
Preparation time: 30 minutes or less
5 A Day servings: 2.5.
1 medium italian eggplant cut into ½ inch slices
1 tablespoon salt
1 ½ tablespoons olive oil
2 cloves garlic, crushed
3 tablespoons finely minced fresh basil
8 (½ inch) slices, crusty bread
4 ripe, medium tomatoes
fresh ground black pepper
½ cup crumbled Feta cheese or favorite cheese
1. Do not peel eggplant. Remove end and cut into 1/2 inch slices. Sprinkle both sides with salt and allow to rest for 10 minutes. Thoroughly rinse slices to remove all salt and drain on absorbant paper.
2. Combine olive oil, garlic and lightly brush each slice. Grill over MEDIUM HIGH heat on gas grill or broil under broiler. When soft, remove immediately and sprinkle with basil. Meanwhile, slice tomatoes into 1/3 inch thick slices and season with black pepper.
3. Arrange tomatoes and eggplant on 4 slices of bread. Season with pepper and add crumbled Feta cheese, if desired. Top with second slice of bread and serve immediately.
More by this Author
When the hunting season ends, I like to open our freezer and gaze at those tidy white packets of wrapped venison, stacked on the shelves like bricks of gold. And considering what farm-raised venison sells for these...
Too summarize this lesson on fishing and catching trout,with family and friends,all you need to do is follow these simple directions and don't give up.
winter soltice Log This hub is on how to erect a log cabin,which I have always wanted to do from scratch. It isn't that expensive to build a log cabin if you live where their are lots of forests as I do. I estimate...