Healthy lunch box ideas for kids
Kids love variations and surprise. Lunch boxes must provide one third of the recommended allowances for protein, vitamins, minerals and calories. The foods you provide must look exciting, taste good and easy to eat. Here are some healthy lunch box ideas for kids. These lunch box ideas will definitely turn your kids box delicious and nutritious.
Twelve healthy lunch box ideas for kids:
1. Chicken and tomato sandwich on whole grain bread, yogurt in a tube, few carrot sticks, banana and 6 to 8 ounce diluted orange juice. Always buy different kinds of bread such as whole grain bread, whole wheat bread, multi grain bread, omega 3, and zucchini bread. Make sure you cut into different shapes. Whole grain sandwiches is one of the healthy lunch box ideas for kids.
2. Slices of homemade pizza with peppers, cherry tomatoes, cheese sticks, apple and a bottle water.
3. Peanut butter sandwich, slices of cheese, container of yogurt, strawberries and a bottle of water.
4. Mini bagel filled with avocado and cheese, small bunch of grapes, strawberries, water and a carton of milk.
5. Pasta salad with bite size salmon or tuna, mushrooms and peppers. Add corn, boiled egg and a diluted orange juice.
6. Another healthy sandwich is tortilla wrap filled with cheese and turkey. Add cut strawberries, pineapple chinks, yogurt dip, and a carton of milk.
7. Scrambled egg or omelette sandwich, a handful of cheeries, raisins, tube of yogurt and a bottle of water.
8. Mini pita filled with tuna, tomato, beans, cheese and lettuce. Add a small box of apple slices, dried mango, water and a carton of milk.
9. Whole grain roll filled with salmon, tomato and lettuce. Add few carrot sticks, pear, a handful of cashewnuts and a bottle of water.
10. Rice salad with chicken, kidney beans and corn. Add a carton of chocolate milk, handful of nuts and a bottle of water.
11. Cheese sandwich on multigrain bread, whole grain crackers with hummus dip, bunch of grapes, yogurt tube and a bottle of water.
12. Tortilla wrap with eggs salad, and beans. Add few cucumber, banana, small bag of nuts and a bottle of water.
You can choose water, milk or milk shake and diluted juices. Avoid soft drinks, fruit punches, artificially colored drinks, sugar free and diet drinks.
Fruit punches and colored drinks contain too much sugar, and additive. Sugar free and diet drinks contain artificial sweeteners and additives.
Healthy lunchbox treats:
- Rice cakes
- Handful of dried fruits such as raisins, mango, apricots, dates and pineapple.
- Rice cakes
- Granola bars
Healthy lunch box ideas:
More by this Author
Gastroparesis Gastroparesis also called delayed stomach emptying is a disorder in which the stomach takes too long to empty its contents. It occurs when the vagus nerve is damaged and the muscles of the stomach and...
Gastroparesis Gastroparesis means paralysis of the muscles of the stomach. It results in delayed emptying of food from the stomach into the small intestine. Sometimes this may lead to undigested food hardening into...
Wondering what you can and can't eat if you have H. Pylori? Read on for a list of foods to avoid and foods you should make a point to eat.